Zapped

By Anonymous - 06/04/2016 17:48 - United States - Wittmann

Today, I'm on vacation and stupidly bought the cheapest sunblock I could find. Instead of protecting my skin, the sunblock acted as a damn lightning rod for the sun, and I now look like I just spent a few hours on a spit-roast. FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 535
You deserved it 8 680

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Ruskiy_Cherep 18

U sure it was sunblock you bought and not tanning lotion?

That's really dangerous - even though a product is cheap it should still do the job it claims to do, may just not have fragrances, nice texture, etc. I'd report it to the relative governing body!

Comments

Piece of advice I found out the hard way: do not mix sunscreen brands, if you run out half way through application make sure the new bottle is the same brand. This also applies to putting on sunscreen over moisturiser (just use the sunscreen). Mixing brands can cause chemical burns

Was it out of date? A friend of mine got third degree burns from used expired sun screen.

maybay13 8

Pretty sure that's not how sunscreen works. Must have bought tanning lotion instead of sunblock. Udi

That happened to me. I used store brand sunscreen while I was in Oahu last summer, and I ended up with a blistered red sunburn. It really hurt. Try ibuprofen to take the pain and swelling down, use aloe lotion instead of gel to soothe your skin, and drink lots of water to rehydrate yourself. You'll heal faster. :)

sounds like you bought sun oil not sunscreen.

I have to say you definitely deserve it for not reapplying or paying attention. Reason being I just lost someone to skin cancer. Never buy the cheap stuff when it comes to sunscreen. Think of your health.

Just to let you know for future reference about sunscreen. When I took a traffic control flagger certification class I learned that if you take the SPF level off the bottle and multiply it by twenty you will get how many minutes it will protect you. Then you just divide that by sixty to find how many hours it will protect you before needing another application. Don't know if this will help but I felt you might want to know. Sorry if you did know and I just made myself look like an ass.