You're in the army now

By Crud - 06/02/2010 05:09 - United States

Today, my girlfriend of six months dumped me over the phone. I'm in the military and recently had to move away to another fort. We'd agreed that we would try to make long distance work. I'd even offered to buy a plane ticket to come see her each weekend. I've been gone less than two weeks. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 291
You deserved it 2 931

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Long distance is the name of the game for all military couples at one point or another. If she can't hack it, she's not worth it.

You found out about her before she could inflict serious damage in your life. Smile!

Comments

Once a week? Unless the post was a few hours away that was a lie. Good luck routing leave once a damn week every week.

marine_wife 0

I'm sorry. hey if she couldn't handle the long distance that comes with you being in the military well she's not worth it. just be happy

likeomgwhat 0

wasn't meant 2b...its over...no use complaining about it over the internet now.

OP, I'm really sorry that this had to happen to you, but it was probably for the best. If she can't hack it, she's not worth it. You'll definitely find somebody worthy of the military spouse position, and you won't believe how strong the spouses really are. **** all these people who are telling you long distance relationships don't work. They clearly don't want to believe that if both sides of the relationship WORK at it and genuinely TRY, the relationship will make it through and both parties will come out stronger. My husband and I have been separated for two three-month stints, the first being states apart, the second being countries. He's getting deployed this summer for six months, and I'm stuck in Japan by myself. That'll be another separation, and a hard one at that, because I don't have family here with me. Do you think all of these assholes know my marriage? Do you think they can honestly predict that we're going to get divorced, or cheat on each other? How about the countless other military marriages across all branches that make it through endless deployments? Do they ALL end? Because, you know, as they say, LDRs *NEVER* work. Um, okay. If that were the case, the military would be 100% composed of single people. Loyal marriages do exist and many relationships can stand the test of time and distance; ignore the haters, have faith and find yourself a REAL woman. Military families are stronger than most, and believe that when you have one, you will be proud and secure in your knowledge that a brave woman by your side will be supportive and loyal even through the most difficult transitions. By the way, thank you for your service to our country, and good luck on your tour!

I just realized #1 also said "if she can't hack it, she's not worth it." I really didn't mean to repeat you! =[

MINDKONTROLLED 0

big YDI for being in the military. HAHA you dont have any right to fml, since you signed your life away. You belong to the government now.

So anybody who signs up for the military is undeserving of a supportive and faithful significant other? Right. I think you're missing the FML here.

MINDKONTROLLED 0

Yes #78, thats what i mean. Plus who wants to waste time on a relationship with some jerk who's going to go and die anyway? Soldiers are like cops, they're subhuman and deserve that treatment.

Excuse me? I'm somebody who would want to get married to "some jerk". I'm somebody who DID. Soldiers and cops and whatever other selfless career field you would like to drag into this have given their freedom to protect just that very concept for others. I'm VERY proud of my "subhuman", who in fact, has more humanity than the assholes like yourself that he is protecting. "Plus who wants to waste time on a relationship with some jerk who's going to go and die anyway? " We're all going to "die anyway", you dumb ****, so what's the point of the institution of marriage in the first place? You are a disgrace to mankind. Please rid the world of you trolling insensitivity by slipping in the kitchen, landing on happy family of chef knives, and dying an agonizing and painful death. Have a nice trip.

Phoenix0614 0

Dude, what a bitch. I thank you for all the work you do, and I greatly appreciate you. Hell, I even work at the VA hospital :-) Forget about her. You'll soon find the girl who melts away all the pain.

How is this possibly his fault?! The girl was obviously either cheating or too weak to handle a seperation, and it's better for him that she's gone.

Aw, I'm so sorry! Your girlfriend was a total loser. ):

Dude that sucks... But at least you found out that she wasn't going to make the effort long term, and now you can find a girl who IS worth the effort. Much respect for fighting by the way, I could never do it...

Well *organisedchaos* you should shut the **** up. We 'Americans' support the people brave enough to fight for a lost cause. I bet there are thousands of people like that in your country so you have no right to say "you Americans". You are so full of ******* bullshit its hilarious. Oh and to this particular FML, yeah that girl doesn't deserve you. She couldn't suck it up and see the relationship through, she is definitely not worth it. She may be a nice girl, but she isn't what you need. Good thing you found out now instead of later. You'll bounce back. Forget her.