Wow, thanks, I'm cured

By Anonymous - 23/02/2020 01:00

Today, after suffering with anxiety and insomnia for a nearly a year and exhausting every natural remedy I could think of, I finally went to go to a doctor for help. Instead of writing me a prescription, he told me to drink more tea and think happy thoughts. I had to pay out of pocket for this. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 062
You deserved it 241

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I would report him. Find out the information you need on where to report him to. I would have refused to pay for that shit.

go see another doctor, untill you find one that is willing to help you :) don't give up, doctors don't know it all and how could they given how little time they have to base an opinion.

Comments

go see another doctor, untill you find one that is willing to help you :) don't give up, doctors don't know it all and how could they given how little time they have to base an opinion.

Except they have to pay out of pocket. You’ll find that it’s extremely difficult to get help when you can’t afford it

I would report him. Find out the information you need on where to report him to. I would have refused to pay for that shit.

as it has been explained to me by the professionals I work for... anxiety isn't real, just need to be alright with the thing you THINK bug you... and pray more. but for reals, sorry to hear. could be grounds for a lawsuit if it gets any worse for you.

Professional what? They certainly arent doctors Anxiety is a chemical imbalance similar to depression. Its all to do with biochemistry. It is very real. Dont be one of those people who live with their head in the sand as its easier to believe it just doesnt exist. Thats where suicide comes from

ask a docktor for melatonin, its not addictive so they will give it to you. best wishes A fellow insomniac

zeffra13 31

You can get melatonin gummies at Target with no prescription.

Yes, because insurance isn't going to cover that quackery.

xXPikachuXx 21

That’s ridiculous. If your anxiety is moderate to severe, they should have considered psychotherapy and or initiating medication. Does this idiot think it will magically go away? Caffeine could increase anxiety but that’s not a reason to drink more tea or think happy thoughts.

Probably talking about herbal teas which have no caffeine.

Agreed but it sounds like the condition is chronic and needs to be addressed. Decreasing caffeine would help, but if it’s severe, the patient probably needs medication. Commitment depression isn’t uncommon. Also sleep study might be important if the patient has multiple comorbidities. Insomnia and anxiety both can be exacerbated by Sleep apnea (OSA)

How much did you pay for the visit? It should not be more than 99212 or 99211 for that matter, depending on time,

zeffra13 31

I know a few people who are on anxiety meds. They say doctors often have to recommend non-medical methods at the first meeting and won't write a prescription until later meetings when they're sure you've tried the other ways long enough.

I once went to my Dr. to talk about depression. He asked me if I was reading my bible regularly.

Alai 14

Maybe you need to take some medicine.