Will you…

By jake - 12/08/2012 15:49 - United States - Bend

Today, I invited my girlfriend over to a family lunch, planning to propose to her at just the right moment. My family was in on it, including my apparently disapproving mom, who kept causing a scene to grab my girlfriend's attention every time I went to pull out the ring. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 852
You deserved it 2 813

Same thing different taste

Top comments

what a bitch. I'm sorry op. wish the best for you and your girlfriend/fiance!

Wow your mother sounds horrible to do that...just propose behind her back and see how that makes her feel! It's your love life not hers. Good luck with your proposal! :)

Comments

You should have asked your mom if you and your girlfriend could be excused then you shouldve proposed! Good luck though and I wish you all the best!!

So the monster in law thing started a little early, eh?

fukmefreddy 4

you should hire someone to cause a scene and get your mom's attention so you are free to propose OP

Just do it when you two are alone. Public proposals suck especially if she says no.

Maybe the mom was playing a prank that got out hand? Unless she actually admitted to disliking the girlfriend, in which case FYL.

perdix 29

Elope. An Oedipus Complex is a two-way street, and your mom is barreling down on your girlfriend driving in the wrong direction. You two are going to have to get on the free way and don't get off until you're hitched.

olpally 32

Just tell her to shut-up and propose! She obviously disapproves if she keeps making herself the center of attention... Bitch move on her part, bitch.

Sounds like your mom will having a hard time letting you go. Maybe a proposal in her presents might not be a smart thing.

Xxlaurahatakexx 9

Enslaved, did you mean in her presence ?

elletex 8

No, OP was planning to propose by jumping out of a giant gift box, stripper style.

Oops! Yeah, thanks! (:I **** up all the time! :P