Who? Where?

By happybirthday - 06/03/2010 19:42 - United States

Today, my husband bought me a beautiful pair of earrings for my birthday, to match the necklace he'd spent months searching for online the previous year. What necklace? He gave me a watch he found at Walmart last year. I wonder who the lucky girl with the necklace is. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 211
You deserved it 2 784

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Today, my boyfriend gave me a pair of gloves for my birthday even though he had promised to get me earrings to match my necklace. Funny, he had this terrified look on his face and kept looking for something else in the box but he wouldn't say why. FML

tinetine_fml 0

Uhm who cares if he got her something. Her husband buying another girl a necklace is what matters here.

Comments

uhnmn OP it could be for his grandparent or his mom or aunt.... and he just hasent told youvit yet or he; just didn't get it and thoughts you'd like a watch. so stop being a bitch about it and be happy. of what he got for you.

everybody think Husband: " here honey i got u earings to match ur necklace i searched for forver last year" Wife: "umm thanks but what necklace? i got a watch" BONED!

Girl this is not a FML it's a FHL (**** His Life) cuz u bout 2 own AT LEAST 50%

thats why the only gift i give my gf is pearl necklaces

Lesson in trying to sound like you have a girlfriend on the internet: men who actually have sex/girlfriends don't ever come onto FML to announce it.

Angel_Of_Mercy 0

You're a very ignorant person indeed if you beileve that. There are millions upon millions of people who come onto this site and share their experiences, and to say that not one man who has a girlfriend, or sex or that matter, is included in those millions of people is about the most ridculous thing ever.

This is almost exactly like what happened in Love Actually... interesting.

boredperson1 0

this doesnt make sense at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the conversation between OP and her husband: "oh honey, thank you! These earrings are so pretty!" He says, "they match the necklace I got you last year. The one that I searched forever for." She says, "you didn't give me a necklace last year; you gave me a watch." Now she is wondering who the hell got that necklace last year, mistress perhaps?

The only other thing I think I should add to my above comment is this: if the husband is like me, forgetful, then he may have searched for the necklace he intended to get her, but ended up getting her a watch instead when it got too close to her bday. Since he spent so much time searching for it, he could've forgotten about the watch and thought he got her the necklace. I can truly see myself making that mistake.