What? It's just helpful advice because we know better.

By Moimoi78 - 01/02/2017 05:00 - Australia - Eatons Hill

Today, I introduced the concept of 'mansplaining' to my husband. Ever since, he's been deliberately mansplaining every single thing to me. All. The. Time. FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 172
You deserved it 5 148

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If you say mansplaining.... you deserve everything that comes your way

Am I only the one who doesn't know what mansplaining is?

Comments

If you say mansplaining.... you deserve everything that comes your way

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Am I only the one who doesn't know what mansplaining is?

mansplaining is basically when a man explains something (normally to a woman/women) in a condescending & patronising tone. often the term's used when men try & explain female issues to women like they know better

It's when a man "explains" - for lack of a better word - something to a woman based on the assumption that he knows the subject better than her when he doesn't. For instance, if I say women often get harrassed on the street and a man says they're not, it's mansplaning because he can't know better than I do since I am a woman, and I'm often harrased on the street and he is not. The other way around it could me saying that getting hit in the nuts isn't painful. Basically it's when men assume they know better than women simply because they're men.

I did not and I Googled it. I really feel the need to call my girlfriend right now

Sir_Cow 17

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Originally, mansplaining described the somehow arrogant and condescending way a man explains something to a woman even though she already knows it. However, nowadays it's mainly used as an insult thrown at men after they have explained something to women who have no good comebacks. It's also used by feminists as a standard insult in order to avoid real discussions. Especially femnazis use this word towards everyone including me, and I'm a girl. That's why it has no real meaning anymore.

Nope. I checked urbandictionary immediately after reading this FML.

species4872 19

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Like all women are super easy, right? What, aren't we taking turns saying stupid stuff?

Yoyolick 0

Mansplaining is just a product of first world feminism that desperately tries to validate their points by making up issues.

species4872 19

By the way FML, thanks for ******* this site up with your so called make over.

wtf is going on? they did this on purpose?

wtf is going on? they did this on purpose?

wtf is going on? they did this on purpose?

Preach. So many issues. Every time I use this site now I think how dare you give me a pop-up after I comment jfc.

The idea of mansplaining is sexism, plain and simple. It's those kind of attitudes from some women that give feminists as a whole a bad rap.

The actual definition of mansplaining really isn't. Its men explaining female topics to women in a condescending way. Speaking like that is sexist. This is just a term to describe it.

ayyy_bro 26

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

And now he should leave you for being a bitch. I feel sorry for your husband.

You mean you woman-splained the concept? After all, you're a woman and you explained something.

zeffra13 31

That's not why it's called mansplaining.

But op is a woman and is trying to tell her bf he MANsplained, how can she know more of mansplaining than i, the man? That would be womansplaining