Welcome home!

By dumb - 02/06/2009 15:33 - United States

Today, my new subletter moved in. Within 6 hours, one of my cats took a dump on her pants. I freaked out, lit some candles to hide the smell, and threw her pants in the washer. When the cycle was done, I found her cell phone at the bottom of the washing machine. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 002
You deserved it 25 682

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ALWAYS CHECK THE POCKETS, gawd how old are you and how long have you been washing clothes?!

Just tell her your cats did it... oh wait.

Comments

atheist666 0
AliMarie 0

It's probably someone subletting for her roommate. Aka living in her roommate's old room over the summer until school starts up again, etc. YDI for not checking the pockets first. Sucks to be your roommate. . . their first night in a new place, possibly new state or city without a cell. I would probably really dislike you.

Maybe a combo of 18's 'kill the cat' and 44's 'burn the house down'? You know, be thorough.

number 19. correct. creepy as shit.... but on the off chance that her pants were just chillin out in the open and you had just taken your cat to the vet or something FYL. other than that tho . . . YDI

Well, you should know by now to always check the pockets. But that does suck for you.

mouseintern 0

In retrospect, simply explaining the truth might have been the better choice, but I can't say I probably wouldn't have made the same decision if I was in your place. Yikes, what an awkward situation.

maggie_gxx 0

it's okay, my sister's phone went into the washing machine. it had water in it for a few days, you just have to let it dry out. after about a week or so it should be fine. i dropped my phone in the tub the other day (it's an env2, not some super rugged phone) for like 2 seconds, and it's fine now. i would just tell her what happened, she'll probably understand, and take the battery out of the phone and let it dry out for a couple of days.