Idiocracy

By Faith - 09/02/2021 11:01

Today, I got my vacation days denied because I'm "too valuable", while the moron I work with gets his days off because he's "easy to do without." Well, I guess I won't be spending much time with my girlfriend who flew across the country to see me. Glad I'm such a valuable employee. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 321
You deserved it 116

Same thing different taste

Top comments

tounces7 27

Once again, a very "American" FML.

Warp1978 15

The problem with ultimatums is that calling your basses bluff can be a short cut to unemployment and all the time you want with your girlfriend. I'd approach your boss and ask to speak to them regarding time off and when would be best to take the time off.

Comments

OrySoma 11

altimatums are great. give me my vacation or ill quit and you can't loose me because I'm to valuable

Warp1978 15

The problem with ultimatums is that calling your basses bluff can be a short cut to unemployment and all the time you want with your girlfriend. I'd approach your boss and ask to speak to them regarding time off and when would be best to take the time off.

Michael Sawyer 11

Warp1978 that would actually be better in the O.P.s case because when you QUIT a job you more often than not DO NOT(9 out of 10 times) get unemployment. but if she were to get fired she would be eligible for Unemployment.

tounces7 27

Once again, a very "American" FML.

Viktor 4
diraven 15

I hoped you asked for a raise right then because there's no way they could've said no without looking like a huge dick.

We're your vacation days accepted and given, then rescinded right before your time off? I'd have just left with "I have already made flight schedules." If you wanted them off, got your GF to fly in without approval of those dates; that's on you. I have no idea based on your story what happened first, but I'd sure as hell hope you didn't let your GF fly in without concrete time off already scheduled. Obviously the company is shitty, but if you booked it off I'd have just taken it.

randybryant799 20

I don't understand why you waited so long to have the time off.