Wake up, human!

By inveralaska - 16/06/2016 21:22 - United Kingdom

Today, I got a kitten. She decided to sleep on my bed, waking me up periodically during the night by biting my face to make sure I was still alive. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 036
You deserved it 2 355

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It wasn't to ensure you were alive. She was testing to see if you were dead. I've heard freshly deceased human is a kitten's favorite meal.

Awww it's just showing that it loves you! And on the bright side it's a kitten so that means little painless bites, I'd hope xD

Comments

Kittens tend to be extremely playful, but I am sure you already know that. Kittens also don't know how hard to bite unless they learn it from their siblings. Your kitten will calm down around 1-2 years of age, but will remain kittenlike until then. The bites may hurt, but it's to be expected. Just make sure none of the bites draw blood, as you can get blood poisoning or whatever else.

Actually, you can get blood poisoning if the cat bites hard enough but doesn't draw blood. If the bite punctures the skin then it need to bleed, that's how the body gets rid of the infection.

I will take that as a cute and lovely gesture, just next time close the door so he can't get into your bedroom.

I know how you feel. I'm currently going through the same thing with my kitten. He bit me on the ear last week, and clawed me in the back just today. But from personal experience, the fiestiest kittens grow up to have the friendliest, most lovable personalities. But that may vary, as no two kittens are exactly alike.

Kittens should not be gotten alone but always in pairs. If you disregarded on of the most basic rules of cat ownership, then I can only say YDI, sorry. Of course it's bored, it's a ******* kitten!

I have a puppy to keep my kitten company at night. They're best friends and play almost constantly. But that doesn't stop my kitten from harassing me from time to time when I'm sleeping. OP probably moved in her sleep and kitty thought she was awake, so she wanted to play. Don't be too quick to judge.

Not all kittens do well in multiple-cat homes. You really can't just slap a blanket statement on animals like that- there are outliers in every population. In fact, kittens should do fine in single cat homes as long as they were old enough when they were separated from their family. By around 10-12 weeks of age, most kittens have learned the 'rules of playtime etiquette' that are why people suggest adopting two kittens. Even if you do adopt a kitten younger than that, you can teach them those rules yourself. It takes a little extra time spent with them early on, but it circumvents the issues caused by them not learning the behaviors- and means you don't have to worry about being overwhelmed by the responsibility of introducing two kittens to your household.

That's amazing. I can't believe you don't like it

Our new kitten does the exact same thing, except she's usually very playful. She'll wake me up by biting on my chin lately, then all of a sudden she'll pounce on my hand and attack it. When she's tired, shell sleep on my neck.

The kitten is clearly trying to eat you in your sleep. Or not. It's probably playing. Cats are nocturnal, so until you get the kitty on your schedule seriously play with the kitten before you go to bed to try to tire the kitty out.

Lucky OP, The only time my cat wants me is for feeding time

Everyone knows if you die in your house your cat(s) will eat you