Unionize!

By worksux - 05/01/2011 20:25 - United States

Today, at work, my computer started acting up. I told my boss I could fix it, but he told me to call the IT department instead. Neither the IT technician or his supervisor could figure it out, so I showed them what was wrong and how to fix it. I was promptly fired for wasting 2 hours of company time. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 116
You deserved it 4 143

Same thing different taste

Top comments

boatkicker 4

Why did you even tell your boss in the first place? Just fix it, if you can. And if you knew what was wrong, why didn't you just tell the IT people when you called them. "Hey this is what's wrong with my computer. Come fix it, because Boss told me not to."

Well, they did not deserve you as an employee then.

Comments

Probably a good thing they fired you. Sounds like YDI.

H3ALTHFR3AK 0

I agree. if the nerd knew how to fix it he should have given the tech pointers from the start

KVKdragon 26

OP, you need to fight this. you clearly told the boss that you could fix it and he/she didn't listen. and the boss should be thanking you for fixing a company's pc and for teaching the IT and his supervisor how to fix the issue. don't take this lying down. FIGHT THIS!!!

KVKdragon 26

also people. where does it say in the FML that the OP reported the issue to the boss? the boss could have been walking by or close to the OP's computer space.

Where in the FML does it say the boss was with him when the computer started acting up? The OP could've decided to report it to his boss before doing anything. Arguing possibilities is pointless.

KVKdragon 26

that's kinda the reason I said "could have" you know. I didn't say the boss "was" there. I said the boss could have been there.

K is right, loads of people sue for unnecessary termination (wrongful firing), this is a perfect case.

varkey 7

You can definitely sue/fight for this... FYL

mandypandypants 4

Obviously your boss felt like a dumbass and he can't have that. If anything **** his life. Your obviously smarter than him.

Good call. I had to learn the hard way too, that when a boss tells you to feign ignorance, it's best to obey.

Always keep quiet and let them deal with it, but still you haven't done anything wrong. be carefull with douchebags in the future.

xxst3althshotxx 1

that's why being helpful's a waste of time. Should've just let them struggle and enjoy the fact that u didnt have to work