Unionize!

By worksux - 05/01/2011 20:25 - United States

Today, at work, my computer started acting up. I told my boss I could fix it, but he told me to call the IT department instead. Neither the IT technician or his supervisor could figure it out, so I showed them what was wrong and how to fix it. I was promptly fired for wasting 2 hours of company time. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 120
You deserved it 4 146

Same thing different taste

Top comments

boatkicker 4

Why did you even tell your boss in the first place? Just fix it, if you can. And if you knew what was wrong, why didn't you just tell the IT people when you called them. "Hey this is what's wrong with my computer. Come fix it, because Boss told me not to."

Well, they did not deserve you as an employee then.

Comments

go To osha and sue the living shit out of them

moomoomeow2 7

You should have then proceeded to punch the boss and light his suit on fire. Okay, that would've been bad. Never mind.

E1337ist 0

Idiot boss is an idiot. He should have just fired the IT guy instead, by the sound of it you can do his job better than he can.

Or maybe he was fired for installing unauthorized software on his workstation- the two techs were unable to resolve the issue because they were unfamiliar with the error as it was generated by software which shouldn't have been there in the first place, but since this guy installed the software, he was able to fix it. Though really, if he could fix it himself so quickly, why did he bring the problem to the attention of his boss?

Throw a rock through his car window, shit and pee in his car, and then key the paint! Slice a tire or two for good measure.

grastiars 0

I think he cant do that a u were fired for some other reason or wasnt fired and just made up a cool story

TheRealMidnite 0

Next time, get such instructions on e-mail. You have learned a valuable lesson, young man.

Jazzalyn 10

That sucks. Also - I don't know how the system works where you are (wherever you are), but to me it does sound like a case of unfair dismissal. (I'd suggest looking into it).