Assumptions

By Anonymous - 13/11/2022 16:00

Today, my boss yelled at me for not being able to fix his computer. I’m not in IT, I wasn’t hired to have anything to do with IT, but he assumes that because I’m the youngest woman in the building and look like a nerd that I’m automatically a computer expert. I don’t even own my own computer at home. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 047
You deserved it 109

Same thing different taste

Top comments

He's so stupid! He doesn't even know his sexist stereotypes. Instead of his computer, he should have assumed you could fix him a sandwich.

Did you try turning it off and back on again?

Comments

He's so stupid! He doesn't even know his sexist stereotypes. Instead of his computer, he should have assumed you could fix him a sandwich.

Probably the most useful thing you could do is to look up the contact information for someone or a business who actually works on IT and computer problems and let boss contact them and pay for it. That would ultimately help both your boss and you. Bosses are human beings, some are more or less competent at their jobs. If a particular assignment is not within the normal expectations of your job and you are not confident you can perform that task then it’s best to say so up front. But be sure that it’s not within your normal expected job function… It’s sad when our boss is an idiot and causes a variety of problems. But the truth is that as my wife’s sister calls it, everyone has their “dumb zone” that they are just not good at.

Did you try turning it off and back on again?

It's probably a printer issue, and even IT won't touch it.