Ultraviolence

By Noname - 05/02/2009 23:15 - United States

Today, I finally stood up to a bully who had been messing with me for over a year. His response? He picked up the chair I was sitting in and threw me across the room. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 189
You deserved it 4 175

Same thing different taste

Top comments

you were sitting in a chair when you stood up to this bully?

perstephane 4

I was bullied horribly, and you know what I did? Realized that grade school/high school is just a small part of my life that wouldn't matter later. And I was right. Two years into grad school, and I'm a perfectly functioning adult who understands that kids - gasp, surprise - aren't always the smartest or most empathetic bunch. I know it sucks. A lot. And I hated it while it was happening. But you have two choices - either be the bigger person and understand this won't matter forever, or be a bitter, obsessed person forever.

Comments

quiksta 0

you need to realize that when dealing with a bully, they have certain fighting "rules" or "standards" that they follow by. or more generally, a technique. they think they're a boxer, throwing punches randomly, trying to block. what the smaller man must do versus the bigger man is realize that there are no rules. the only rule is, you must get the first hit in. if you don't, you will effectively lose. as #10 was saying, don't fight "fair" as there really is no such thing. how fair is a size and strength advantage? grab the ****** by his nuts and make him call you daddy in front of the whole class, then ask him if he's ever going to **** with you again.

Go and watch Karate Kid movies and then go back with your newly learnt skills and kick his ass.

TJ_fml 0

Kick his ass jamie! Seriously, all you need is to go for a quick hit then quickly get out of there and wait for another opening.

Your first mistake was sitting; it's too passive. You should have stood to meet him eye to eye when you confronted him (and shanked him while you were at it).

Given that said bully could pick up and throw a chair with OP in it, I doubt "eye to eye" was an option

Three options that worked for me 1) fight him, even if you are going to lose, but fight real dirty. Like i mean to the point he needs ice on his crouch area for the next few days, missing hair from his head and cant see from an eye. 2) Tell the teachers, make them do something. If they don't option three. 3) Get the police involved. I am not sure what country you are from but in many bullying is a crime, (like Canada) But above all never back down keep doing something about it (short of going postal)

i guess you got taught a lesson. dont stand up to bullies. or, at least the ones who have the power to do that.

I'm telling you this as someone how used to pick on people when he was in high school, standing up to someone who is bigger and stronger than you on your own, in a "fair" fight is a good way to get your ass kicked. Even the odds by hitting the gym and playing sports. Having friends with you when you stand up to him is great and all, but if he comes back after your friends have left, he's probably going to want to remind you that you're the little fish in the pond.