By Anonymous - 03/10/2011 03:29 - United States

Today, while working in a jail, I had to tell an inmate arrested for domestic violence that no, he could not use his phone call to call me at home. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 054
You deserved it 2 278

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

Joshoa123 16

Make him your prisoner of love.

Well, his wife sure isn't going to accept his call.

Would you happen to be one of Charlie Sheen's ex goddesses?

ideasrule 13

Inmates are only human, and they experience as much loneliness and need for companionship as the rest of us. In fact, loneliness is a major problem affecting the psychological health of prisoners, hence charities like writeaprisoner.com. While I agree that the OP shouldn't have given out her number, the inmate's question was not completely ridiculous.

kiakia0131 23

It doesn't specifically state she gave him her number. If she did she is stupid, and violating the terms of her job. Correction Officers and other jail or prison staff are not supposed to have a relationship of any kind with the inmates (well aside from staff-inmate). If she did give the inmate her number, she could get fired. Someone would find out eventually.

ideasrule 13

I agree, hence why I said "while I agree she shouldn't have given out her number".

scruffy_janitor5 1

Well it's not like he can call his wife

He's in jail for domestic violence... is there any further explanation needed?

Ok, let me dumb it down for you: OP works in a jail, dude who beat up people in his house wants to use his phone call to call her.

mistersheezy 7

Maybe he has a thing for people in uniforms.

Or maybe he has a thing for her...no one will ever know, except him

Should have said "sureeee my number is 1800 go **** yourself"

cbdee 8

I suppose u've heard that one b4 ;)