By epicsandwichartist - 05/05/2011 07:13 - United States

Today, while working at a sandwich shop, we had a shortage and could only put so many veggies on one sandwich. I explained this to one man who was grumpy about it, but kept on ordering. I thought everything went well. He thought my face was a good target to launch his completed sandwich at. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 823
You deserved it 3 639

Same thing different taste

Top comments

sailorzoe 14

That's the food industry for you. I work at Freebirds and someone freaked out yesterday because we ran outta forks. We sell burritos.... Those people are just bored with their lives.

Comments

You don't cut customers short because you didn't order enough stuff. You make sandwiches the same way you always do and send someone to a shop to buy what's missing. Everything else is just bad business style. Then again, Subway's is a rip off at it's best days. That must be the most overpriced place you could possibly find to get really bad food.

I highly doubt it is op's fault that she had to short change people on veggies. I work at a subway in a college town and we are crazy busy non-stop. we run out of veggies all the time, and not always because of our own ordering. our supplier runs out a lot, and there isn't a thing we can do about it. We are told from our owners to put less veggies on people's subs when that happens, but we also know that when customers start getting hostile, to just give them what they want and let them leave. also, when weather is an issue and tomatoes and other veggies are not perfect quality, Subway corporate tells us to put less. so FYL OP, it's not your fault and you didn't deserve that!

agreed, i work at a subway and we're always packed. the average store in our state makes $8,000-9,000 a week and we make from $17,000- 20,000 and when theres a shortage (not to be confused with wrongful ordering) were told to cut back or the suppliers will only send us one box of something instead of two or three. technically were only supposed to put 1 1/2 ounces of lettuce; 6 slices of tomato, cucumber, pickle, green pepper and onions; and 8 olives. And things like Jalapeños and mild peppers are optional WE DO NOT NEED TO CARRY THEM! and when the weather messes with the product we get letters from corporate saying things like only use 4 tomatoes on a footlong not 6. we have no control over that. if you have a problem than call corporate and they will try to explain to you why it is the way it is. just like the prices. we do NOT make the prices, if we did we would not be making sandwiches for a living! thats it for this rant, BUT if people wanna complain from that side of the line maybe they should try life on the other side. for instance check out "subway's $5 footlong ruined my life" on facebook. that is all.

that was probably premeditated!!! lol!!!

By limiting the amount of veggies because of a shortage, to me it is showing that they are trying to be fair so that as many people who come in and order a sub with veggies could have some. And don't blame the person making the sandwhich. They are just doing what they are told to do and could lose their job if they don't. Besides, you are bitching to the wrong person. I can't tell you how many times my manager would order in a product week after week and it never came in because the supply warehouse was out of stock.

NecromancerA7X 0

happened to me at subway. people are assholes

who isn't haha (people missing out!!)

bzett 0

Taste the rainbow...of unhappy sandwich man!