By BenFiggy - 21/04/2016 13:28 - United States - Brick

Today, while waiting in line with my 4-year-old son, I had to awkwardly apologize to an African-American gentleman and explain to my son that the man was not made out of chocolate. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 743
You deserved it 2 627

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I mean, your son is 4. Has he been so sheltered that he has never seen an African American or is it just rare or something? But hopefully the guy didn't think too much of it since your son is little.

imcornelious 15

Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

Comments

Chocolate is the best! I think it's a sweet innocent way to describe a person.

Hey I am black and would laugh my head off if this comment was made to me

CallMeWindSock 24

He's 4 and thinks that a person could be made of chocolate?

kids come out with some stuff. I remember when my sister was about that age and she saw a 'rastafarian looking' man and shouted while pointing 'he looks like rastamouse!' thankfully he saw the funny side to it!

Hahahaha I giggled... I'm sure the gentleman got a kick out of that too :-)

are you sure? like have u ever eaten a human?!

Cherlize Theron is African American. I assume OP meant black man, unless the person was white chocolate. :)

If the guy got offended over that from a 4 year old, he deserved the offence.

mthurston 14

how come ppl don't just say "a black guy"?

Honestly, if he has a good sense of humor, that could've been hilarious.