By Getmeout - 31/05/2012 06:50 - United States - Hartfield

Today, while sitting in my Forensic Psychology class, my professor listed all of the main traits that indicate someone may very well be a sociopath. Every single trait described my fiancé perfectly. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 717
You deserved it 5 727

Same thing different taste

Top comments

OhDearBetrayal 25

Sociopaths are very nice people. Don't believe all of the stereotypes. I mean they don't all murder and get caught.

Are you the guy who went to break up with his abusive, controlling girlfriend and got engaged instead?

Comments

Medical students disease.....look it up man.

This was my thought, too, especially with psych classes. Everybody has multi-faceted personalities. Pick apart anyone you know very well and you can easily label their behaviours. For instance, most kids fit the sociopath profile nicely. OP, try not to Britta this up. Taking a class doesn't qualify you to diagnose. If he *only* displays sociopathic behaviour, encourage him to see an actual doctor. Just know that you will see symptoms of every disease in everyone you know.

Keattles 14

HEY! I'm not a sociopath, 19! Not always, anyways... *twitches*

68: 19 wasn't saying that psychopathy was the disease medical students commonly get, but that the OP was suffering from 'Medical Student's Disease'. If you haven't heard of it, symptoms are diagnosing yourself with every disease you learn about and diagnosing others with same. Also applies to those studying abnormal psychology, like the OP. It's really another way of saying extreme confirmation bias, but still, a fun game to play with students.

Keattles 14

You should let you're professor know that you have a fiancé like this, let me know what his reaction is.

alymartin 1
challan 19

Op- 19 is right. You or someone you know is going to have every single thing you read about. Physch ones are the worst too! They all are extremely close in definition.

Oh God! RUN AWAY!!!!!! My ex boyfriend is a sociopath but I still have to put up with his shit because we have a 4 year old together.

How about you wait untill you have your degree before rendering a diagnosis.

I'm curious to why OP is learning about sociopaths in Forensic Psychology -_-

purplemnm 9

70: it makes perfect sense. Forensic psychologists profile the murderer so that everyone knows what kind of person he/she is. Usually murder suspects are sociopathic, psychopathic, etc.

jjh1978 11

Sounds like its time to move.

Women... Always looking for things that aren't actually there

thiscrazything 1

men, always belittling women for discovering their partner is actually an ass

ChickInGreenVans 12

Better the Sociopath you know i guess!!**

kandi_kid69 15

Can you please reword that?

Just for kicks, I looked up a sociopath's traits. Wow! That list is super long. It's puzzling why you would want to marry someone with a few of those traits, let alone, all of them.