By Anonymous - 25/03/2014 21:53 - United States - Springboro

Today, while lifeguarding, a kid thought it'd be hilarious to take a crap in the pool. The other kids freaked out and rushed to get out. Several of them slipped on the way out and hurt themselves fairly badly. Two parents are now threatening to sue us, and my boss blames me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 509
You deserved it 3 843

Same thing different taste

Top comments

AnOriginalName 19

Tell the parents to sue the little shit who thought it would be funny to shit in the pool. I'm sure you didn't tell him to do that.

Hold the little shit responsible. Don't take the hit.

Comments

AnOriginalName 19

Tell the parents to sue the little shit who thought it would be funny to shit in the pool. I'm sure you didn't tell him to do that.

Lebeaugars95 20

This is literally dropping the kids off at the pool

It's the boss's fault for hiring the kid as a lifeguard.. (This is a joke about the OP's wording. Please don't hurt me.)

AnOriginalName 19

#66, I applaud your effort and attention to grammar, but it was such a shitty joke....

badluckalex 23

op should take the turd and smear it all over the kids face. :)

Oh crap, good luck with any lawsuits

DarkSaul 20

Someone needs the star of "You tried".

It's funny how the world works at times...

jojimugo 20

That shit ain't funny, no pun intended

I would've have been pissed off at that little shit. You'd think he would know better.

What did the little shit do? Blame the damn kid!

Hold the little shit responsible. Don't take the hit.

RedPillSucks 31

That's way funnier than it should have been

Normally I would be understanding towards the parents (you guys not taking more precaution towards their children's safety and such) but this is unacceptable. You don't deserve it. That ******* kid needs help.

You can't expect one person who's watching for drowning to watch out for the myriad of other idiotic things children do when they're horsing around.

askullnamedbilly 33

There's usually a 'no running' rule at pools, also known as 'you'll slip and fall, idiot' rule. If the kids aren't sticking to basic pool safety etiquette, it's hardly the lifeguard's fault.

ChristianH39 30

To be fair, It is the lifeguards job to enforce those safety rules. Although this case is obviously an exception since he had everyone rushing out of the pool at once

That's not fair at all. Lifeguards can't enforce any rules and kids know it. All they can do is say "no running" and blow their whistle. Beyond that they'd have to deal with idiot parents saying the lifeguard was "bullying" their kid for doing anything more. Trust me I've seen it and I've seen people get fired for trying to enforce rules around other peoples kids.

Of course it's your fault! You should always carry around a pack of diapers as part of your life-saving duties. For shame, OP!

ChristianH39 30

Yea I really do wonder what OPs boss thinks he should've done in that situation..

Should have thrown a toaster into the water and electrocuted all the kids so they didn't get hurt running. ^ That's sarcasm ^

Yeah, but then they would all be dead. That would bring more than a few lawsuits.

I used to be a lifeguard and was constantly asked to provide plasters (band-aids) for scraped knees etc. When I pointed them to the first aid hut and said I didn't carry them (because I go in the water and they'd get wet), I would get absolutely horrified looks from parents who thought it was my job to stop watching my water and go and fetch their bratty little kid a bandage. Note to parents: lifeguard not looking at the pool = unsafe pool.

Yeah swim diapers should be part of the life guarding kit. Haha. They work well. I've crapped in pools lots though swim diapers saved the day.

It's sad that in this day and age we need to point out sarcasm for all the idiots out there.

FML used to be amazing for the sarcastic remarks. Now it seems like every comment wants to comfort and console someone for doing something stupid. C'est la vie I miss docbastard, perdix, and Noor comments that weren't buried by hypersensitive teenagers.

I don't know, junkman. It seems to me like it's more about people making bad jokes and then hiding under the "it was sarcasm" excuse. OR maybe people just didn't think it was funny? Jesus, people care about thumbs way too much. Maybe that's why they end up making unfunny, desperate, obvious jokes.

#93, I was already aware of the sarcasm when I made my comment. I tried to make an equally sarcastic comment, obviously it didn't work out too well.

Of course it didn't sand shark. You didn't explicitly say "sarcasm" so everyone thought you were serious. SMDH.

Hmm...there's a certain term for this kind of situation..

katlin_michelle 9

A kid did that at the public pool that I swam at when I was younger and he was old enough to know to get out. Sorry!