By Anonymous - 25/03/2014 21:53 - United States - Springboro

Today, while lifeguarding, a kid thought it'd be hilarious to take a crap in the pool. The other kids freaked out and rushed to get out. Several of them slipped on the way out and hurt themselves fairly badly. Two parents are now threatening to sue us, and my boss blames me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 510
You deserved it 3 844

Same thing different taste

Top comments

AnOriginalName 19

Tell the parents to sue the little shit who thought it would be funny to shit in the pool. I'm sure you didn't tell him to do that.

Hold the little shit responsible. Don't take the hit.

Comments

CurlyQute 17

Why would it be your fault?? It's the kids parents who wasn't watching him. You're supposed to be keeping people from drowning. The kids parents are just irresponsible.

Pool? Do you live in Florida or something? Because it's freezing in everywhere else. Nobody here would dare open a pool until May.

Oh **** last time I went swimming some kid took a shit on the edge of the pool so nasty

That is what the warning sign is for. O wait its america people will try anyways for easy money.

I hate irresponsible people who sue left and right.

How sad is it that your pool is probably going to have to put a warning sign up now saying "no defecating in the pool"?

Forget common sense; the attitude about anything these days is, "If it isn't written down on paper or etched in stone or blood, or if we can't comprehend what the sign says, it's fair game and liable for lawsuit." Why do we have "No Running in Pool Area" or "No Smoking At Gas Pump" signs? Why do we have "You May Get Wet On This Ride" signs at theme parks? Why do we have standardized testing? Those kids were probably old enough to understand what the pool rules mean and were warned not to run in the pool area. Is it the lifeguard's fault that they failed to heed any written warnings or rules? As someone mentioned earlier, even if OP enforced the running rule before the incident, the parents probably would have chewed him out for "bullying the kids". It's a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation.

Quit & never come back. You can always get a job at Walmart. ;-)

NSN82 13

I don't think people are understanding this FML. I'm pretty sure the parents want to sue OP because their kids got hurt trying to get out of the pool not because a kid crapped in it. That story was probably meant to give a little background as to why kids were running away from the pool. I'm not saying OP deserves it. I'm just pointing out that the parents are upset about their kids getting hurt and not about a kid crapping in the pool. The boss probably thinks OP didn't try hard enough to control the crowd of kids.

sounds like they're just looking for someone to blame. stand your ground OP.