By nonexistant - 02/10/2009 19:32 - Canada

Today, while I was at a business supply store, I decided to get my old paper birth certificate laminated so it wouldn't deteriorate further. The people working decided to wait until after it was done and I had paid to tell me that laminating a birth certificate voids it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 484
You deserved it 9 071

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Julle_fml 0

Doesnt is say that right on there? I know social security cards say DO NOT LAMINATE on them.

Comments

Ah. Well done. At least you learnt something new today XD ps. I lmao-ed @chimpy91 (#65)

theArkenstone 0

it says right on the certificate that you aren't allowed to laminate it

I'm happy for you, you seem to have a very carefree life if you can complain about something like that. Just get a new one, it's not like you have to swim through an ocean and cross a desert to attain it. Drama queen much? Lamination hadn't reached my country when I was born, I think. Here it's an A4 sized paper, or was, not sure how it's now. I once got problems because I have 2 birth certificates with different last names on them, so I had to terminate my evil twin, but even that worked out, surprisingly. OP, good luck learning how to read before applying for a new one.

So buy a new one from the office of records. Are you really that stupid?

Espion_fml 1

How do you void a birth certificate?! Does that mean no one will believe you exist anymore?

YDI... The back of the Ontario health card specifically says NOT to laminate it. You should have known this.

YDI !!!! have you never looked at the back of your birth certificate? it says "VOID IF ALTERED OR LAMINATED" duh

I'm surprised no one has said this yet. Perhaps the employee was also unaware that lamination would void it, and only read the VOID IF LAMINATED OR ALTERED after he had finished? Maybe he even saw it while checking to see if the job was done right so, y'know, the customer would be satisfied? Geez, so many people flip when an OP assumes a barista was a lazy jerk, but it's ok to do the same with a "copy-monkey"?

Uggghh. I HATE people who don't read. It says it on EVERY birth certificate in EVERY province not to Laminate or Alter. Here (Alberta, FTW ) t's $22-ish to get it replaced, so it's not even a HUUUGE amount.

warrreagle0101 0

chill, no need to hate its an honest mistake