By nonexistant - 02/10/2009 19:32 - Canada

Today, while I was at a business supply store, I decided to get my old paper birth certificate laminated so it wouldn't deteriorate further. The people working decided to wait until after it was done and I had paid to tell me that laminating a birth certificate voids it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 484
You deserved it 9 071

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Julle_fml 0

Doesnt is say that right on there? I know social security cards say DO NOT LAMINATE on them.

Comments

wearinsexypants 0

obviously since your birth certificate is void, you weren't actually born, therefore you don't exist anymore, so no worries.

thattickles 0

hahaa that's waht i was gonna say, it's not an FML cause she has no life!

Pretty sure they know it's their job and probably to tell someone. But, as many have stated, people know that laminating or altering usually voids official documents.

I'm not sure that you can void a birth certificate. You're still alive. :/ However it's against the law to laminate documents like that, so maybe that's what you mean?

(1) It tells you right on the certificate not to laminate it. (2) It's not the employees' job to tell you that it voids the certificate (even if they were creeps, which remains to be seen). (3) Is there any particular reason you aren't already filing for a duplicate certificate? They are normally obtainable. (4) There's no reason this isn't a YDI. That said, it was fun talking to a person who doesn't appear to currently exist. Have fun in the void. Oh, and don't forget to bring me back a souvenir. :)

srak 0

they have copies....stop freaking out!

I hope you know you can request a replacement, go on the government Canada website.

They just lost a costumer to earn some quick cash. Posible money you may earn from a costumer over time > earning some quick cash and losing a costumer permanently Source: Busines for dummies 01

The difference is, the employees of the store probably have a policy against discouraging a sale. It's not like they were rude, at least they told her after to be sure she knew. (The way this is worded it sounds like it's her original birth certificate, maybe they thought she had a replacement and just wanted to keep the original.)

It's easy to lose a 'costumer'; but, you can usually find him again if you look for the guy with the bushy mustache and eyebrows, wearing a trench coat and fedora, reading a newspaper. Or, by looking for the guy trying to sell someone else the same get-up.

justmyluck1212 0

I thought your birth certificate

waterynuggets 0

lmfao that made me laugh.out loud,am i pathetic?lol

Omg that being said. you don't EXIST!!!! according to the goverment :o