By Anonymous - 20/10/2015 14:40 - United Kingdom - Oxford

Today, I went to the print shop to get some work printed. The guy serving me printed my entire order wrong because he pushed the wrong button, so it had to be done again. He tried to charge me a fine for the mistake he made because "it's not a viable business otherwise". FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 243
You deserved it 1 585

Same thing different taste

Top comments

mermaidkeels 26

It would be "viable business" if he would have done it right the first time.

I take it from the wording that you stood your ground against the concept of him making you pay for his mistakes... Good on you OP!

Comments

Honestly I'm pretty sure you're allowed to sue him in this case

IAmzephyr 22

nah, you can just not pay, and let them fuss

whatunicorn 17

agreed ^ suing seems a bit extreme.

mermaidkeels 26

It would be "viable business" if he would have done it right the first time.

That sucks. Why doncha relax with a print of beer?

I was about to go all grammar Nazi before I noticed the pun.

lexiieeex3 32

How can you even call this a pun...

Would he had offered you a second copy for half price, he would be less ******.

Pay half price for the screw up and half for the redo, seems like a good real to me.

Jellysweetheart 23

I think he means a proper first copy, then once the first is done right, another proper copy for half price.

I take it from the wording that you stood your ground against the concept of him making you pay for his mistakes... Good on you OP!

mwali02 32

Absolutely. Key word is "tried." Thankfully that didn't go anywhere. Some people. It absolutely is difficult to have a "viable business" if the customer service and policies are so terrible. I hope your workplace starts considering the services of other print companies. Good luck OP! :)

Was there any issues? Did you have to talk to the manager or something like that?

Yeah, making mistakes and then holding others responsible /shouldn't/ be a viable business.

Some people just don't understand how the world works

"Tried to" implies he didn't get away with it so this isn't really an Fml for you so much as it is for him.