By nonexistant - 02/10/2009 19:32 - Canada

Today, while I was at a business supply store, I decided to get my old paper birth certificate laminated so it wouldn't deteriorate further. The people working decided to wait until after it was done and I had paid to tell me that laminating a birth certificate voids it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 484
You deserved it 9 071

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Julle_fml 0

Doesnt is say that right on there? I know social security cards say DO NOT LAMINATE on them.

Comments

xxBAMFxx 0

Those canadian money grubbing mother *******.

it says "void if altered or laminated" in large letters, right on the back. ydi, jackass.

ttownbeast 0

Just write a request to the town you were born you'll probably have to pay some kind of fee and get a new notarized copy of the original in the records of the city or county annex (or whatever's similar in Canada) what you did was void out a copy of your real birth certificate that's on file the good thing about this is the redundancy of paperwork there's always a copy squirreled away on file in some government offices file cabinets. I could say you deserved it but I give a little leeway for negligence in this instance.

What? My birth certificate is lamenated. It was like that when I got it [it's wallet-sized].

it says right on the back of my certificate VOID IF LAMENATED I live in BC, you'd think Ontario would be the same

I didn't know it is voided.. but then again I'm only 20 and rarely take out my birth certificate.

Huh. Boy, am I glad that a) the laminated rule doesn't apply to us, and b) the process to go through getting a new copy of the certificate isn't so much of a headache.

skiz_fml 0

Today, while I was at a business supply store, I decided to get my old paper birth certificate laminated so it wouldn't deteriorate further. The people working decided to wait until after it was done and I had paid to tell me that laminating a birth certificate voids it. MLIA.