By wheezy - 03/12/2013 17:28 - United States - Bay Springs

Today, while giving speech in class, I choked on my own spit and had a coughing fit while everyone stared at me intently. When I finally regained my composure, my teacher told me my time was up and to sit down. I hadn't even got finished the first paragraph. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 917
You deserved it 4 213

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Oh wow that exact same thing happened to me in 11th grade when I was forced to give a speech. Ask your teacher if you can redo it. Maybe she'll be willing to let you try again

It might be terrible to practice, but public speaking is a very essential and useful skill.

Comments

38 an exclamation mark marks the end of a sentence. I learned that in kindergarten.

Talk to your teacher that should do something....

That's when you end with: and that's what not to do when talking in public. I hope everyone learned something from my well prepared speech today. Thank you.

More to the point, after all the flaming back and forth, thank you for not making me the only one that noticed the irony in the 'public speaking' FML with bad grammar! On a side note, I'm southern born and raised, yet I know how to speak English rather well.

flashback_fml 14

That was probably the most interesting speech of the class

mintstashinurtea 5

what's up with your last sentence?

If your teacher decides to continue being a complete moron and doesn't let you finish your speech, talk to someone higher up. I understand the reason for timed speeches, but it's not like your speech can't go longer if you suddenly have a coughing fit. Outside of class, people wait for the person to regain their composure and then let them finish. No big deal. Why should it be any different in your class? Your class is supposed to prepare you for the real world, right?