By bystander - 07/02/2010 15:37 - United States

Today, we had our friends over for dinner, one of whom is a psychiatrist. After a few drinks, my drunk wife and the equally drunk psychiatrist began to analyze my various character flaws. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 768
You deserved it 2 898

Same thing different taste

Top comments

doink 0

At least it was free. A lot of couples pay for that experience!

pychoanalysis is bullshit. Don't let it get you down. Amatuer psychiatrists (IE people who took psych 101 in college) and shitty psychologists (even if they have a degree that doesn't mean they're actually knowledgable in the field) seem to love to pull that in social settings, though as far as I can tell it always just makes them look like jackasses. A decent, skilled psychiatrist knows that the human mind doesn't actually work like that, and a decent human being doesn't act like such a jackass at a dinner party.

Comments

nutcrackers 2

I don't understand what's so fml about this. it could happen to anybody by any friends even if they're not psychiatrists.

Trust me, they're doing it without the alcohol, er..

Ouch. Be like "F U and F U." Make her sleep on the couch tonight xD

Don't be insulted. Psychiatrists are weird people.

girlygirl666 0

I can't tell you the number of conversations I've had that started with someone saying, 'Hey, you know what your problem is?' At least they say it to my face. FYL, OP.

pychoanalysis is bullshit. Don't let it get you down. Amatuer psychiatrists (IE people who took psych 101 in college) and shitty psychologists (even if they have a degree that doesn't mean they're actually knowledgable in the field) seem to love to pull that in social settings, though as far as I can tell it always just makes them look like jackasses. A decent, skilled psychiatrist knows that the human mind doesn't actually work like that, and a decent human being doesn't act like such a jackass at a dinner party.

A Psychiatrist is not some psych 101 idiot. A psychiatrist, unlike a psychologist, is a doctor who went through tough medical schooling and is very knowledgeable about the causes and mechanism of disorders in the human mind. Gossiping about someone else's issues is very unprofessional, that guy should have his license revoked, but if I was the OP I'd pay attention and try to get better (after kicking the guy's ass, of course).

AntiChrist7 0

I bet you 50 bucks she is doing him

this happened to u when they werent drunk didnt it? ur just saying they were drunk so u would seem less pathetic

You should have Psychoanalysed them right back.. " So why do you feel the need to get drink and then mock other peoples character flaws" etc.. ;-)