By unlucky - 19/09/2009 19:05 - United Kingdom

Today, was my birthday. I asked for a camera - nothing fancy, just a basic digital camera. My mother bought my brother a fancy digital camera, with all the accessories, for over £200. She then gave me his old, analogue camera, that I can't get film for anymore. He hates taking photos. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 177
You deserved it 3 067

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Glam_fml 0

Well, I guess that's what you get for not being the favorite. Kinda makes me happy to be an only child.

Comments

YDI for being a woman. You should be in the kitchen cooking

AmelieHearts 0

That's so sexist!I hate when people say things like this.

Just ignore it. He's trying to make you mad on purpose. :] Laugh at his inability to get a girlfriend and move on.

Antique cameras are the shit. Maybe you'll learn to appreciate it over time. New cameras are new cameras. Just borrow your brothers. £200 I don't think buys you a really excellent camera though.

boatkicker 4

OP said that she can't buy film for it. I don't car how kick-ass a camera is, without film it's useless.

Antique cameras don't need to work to be worth it. I mean... Would you rather have a somewhat cheap diamond ring or an expensive old one? Which one would be worth more in the end? Just because you don't see any immediate use for it doesn't mean it's not worth anything. And if it's one of those old Polaroid cameras, I'm kicking someone in the face.

boatkicker 4

I didn't say worthless. I said useless. And from the sound of it I doubt its some nice antique. Just something old. Also your ring example isn't a very good one since you can still wear an antique diamond ring. Maybe like.....idk antique toys? Too fragile with age to be played with anymore, but still awesome and worth money.

No don't get a job ur a women u should never leave the house. There is always cleaning to be done

AmelieHearts 0

Do you seriously think like that?

riku3220 2

Successful troll is successful. Really, if you're going to get butthurt over little things like that over the Internet then you shouldn't ever leave your MySpace/Facebook/Twitter pages.

noName123456 0

well i would say taht the comments prove he is a succesful troll

RubixMonkey 0

I'm Barrack Obama needs to get his ass out of his face and start smelling the real world.

You're joking right? OP probably does have a job. The fact of the matter here is it was her birthday and despite making it clear what she wanted she was given a basically unusable gift while her brother who doesnt even have an interest in photography got a nice new camera -.-"

I agree with #11 I gradually "stole" by sisters camera by just asking to borrow it because she never uses it. She now asks to borrow it from me. :D

If he hates taking photos then just ask him for it. He shouldn't be bothered.