By RupeeLink - 27/07/2009 23:33 - United Kingdom

Today, to cheer my girlfriend up after her mother died a week ago, I took her to a comedy club. The comedian's theme for the night happened to be mother-daughter relationships. FML
I agree, your life sucks 62 721
You deserved it 7 995

Same thing different taste

Top comments

A week is way too soon. She might forgive you for the comedian, but she may not forgive the not-too-subtle hint to cheer the **** up, already.

Comments

threatsketch 0

i want dane cook at my funeral too >.< DANE COOK PWNDS !!!!!! X3!!!!!!!

XxNicolexX 0

Aww. Man, that sucks no matter how you look at it. :[ Well, at least you were trying to be nice.

that is why you see what the show is abot before you go ¬.¬

i laughed my ass off, and i'm not even sorry

My mother died almost two years ago after a very long battle with cancer. I don't think a week is too soon at all. I spent so much time thinking about how I missed her that a laugh was exactly what I needed. It bites that it was a mother/daughter theme but you were one the right track. And good for you for trying either way.

Jack_Of_Spades 0

Hey man, the thought was there. Consolation: driving the two of you out to some nice quiet place, drop your tailgate, and the two of you lay in your truck bed with your legs hanging over the tailgate and looking at the stars until she feels like talking.

Keiko86 0

Agreed with 55 its not like OP would intentionally take her there

shit man, that sucks, FYL, kodus for the gesture though ;)

my mom died from cancer in the beginning of march, so i have an idea of how the girlfriend might feel. it was nice of you to try and cheer her up. and you people bashing him for taking her out so soon, did you ever think that maybe she needed to leave the house or do something different? i needed to go back to school a week after my mom died just to find something else to think about, but a month later it was hard to even get out of bed. grief is a very confusing thing, but just try and let her know that you're sticking with her through this and try to be patient. that was a terrible coincidence, though. was she angry?