By RupeeLink - 27/07/2009 23:33 - United Kingdom

Today, to cheer my girlfriend up after her mother died a week ago, I took her to a comedy club. The comedian's theme for the night happened to be mother-daughter relationships. FML
I agree, your life sucks 62 721
You deserved it 7 995

Same thing different taste

Top comments

A week is way too soon. She might forgive you for the comedian, but she may not forgive the not-too-subtle hint to cheer the **** up, already.

Comments

You should've walked out right after you found out! That suucks :( I'm sorry!

who the **** bases a show on mother daughter relationships sorry dude you got ****** up the ass by that comedian

greenltrn2003 0

Comedy Clubs are only for dates...if you ever think a sad person needs a laugh, its ALWAYS movies.

wow you're really dumb to have tried to cheer someone up after a loved one dies. oh yeah! it's like : it's okay, honey. now you have fewer gifts to buy at the holidays and birthdays. and no more mothers day! how 'bout that hon! no more bitching about me either! now we can live in peace for once! good way to be an insensitive jerk.

wooiekid 0

you are an asshole, op was just trying to help

lovemyairman 0

It happens my husband took me to the movies to help me cheer up after the news of my grandpa getting worse. He had cancer for 10 years then we get news that both kidneys failed and if the treatment worked it would get it would just buy him more time, if it didn't he would be dead within three days. This was also, three days before Christmas. The movie we saw I am Legend. He (my grandpa) lived through that only to die peaceful right before bed months later.

It was a nice thought, you had no control over the comedian. It might be too early for her to really enjoy going out, but let her know you're there for her... If she likes to cuddle, don't complain; make her a nice dinner, help with cleaning the house... Depending on what she is like, you might want to try that instead of rushing her back into public places.

trulyinsane 0

this is legitimate. there was probably no way anyone could see this coming. this is one of the best fmls i have ever seen. i feel bad for you and your girlfriend.

hatarou 0

at my funeral i want a comedian their to make everyone happy ya this is goin into my will "have a comedian there"

people that are saying a week was too soon...do you honestly think it would be better for her to sit at home & have not much else to do, besides think about her mother passing? i'm sure that if she didn't want to go, she could have said something, & it would have been understandable.