By fml - 21/02/2015 02:54 - United States - Denver

Today, three days after finally having a bed to sleep on, I woke up with multiple bedbug bites. I can't use my blankets, wear any of my clothes and it's back to sleeping on the floor for me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 381
You deserved it 2 627

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Call an exterminator. Same thing happened to my friend and he resolved the problem quickly.

Comments

Buy a new bed. You have a computer/phone to complain about it on FML so figure out what your wants and needs are.

Is OP stuck naked in their apartment or are they just s wearing clothes they got from before the infestation?

Are you absolutely sure it's bed bugs? A few months ago I started getting bumps that I for sure thought were bed bug bites. I even had a doctor say that's what he thought it was. I had an exterminator come and inspect the whole apartment only to find out there was no sign of bed bugs. Turns out I had an allergic reaction to the vitamins I was taking.

Haha yeah I really should have went to a dermatologist but I just went to a primary care doctor. I did look at pictures online too and my arms and legs looked EXACTLY like that of a bed bug bitten person.

This happened to my nephew too. He was 1 and had these bumps that looked just like bed bugs, the doctor said they were bed bugs, but when my sister went to look for them she took apart the crib and found nothing. Not to mention that there were 2 other kids, a dog, and the 2 parents who didn't have any bites. Ended up not being bed bug bites thank God.

This happened to me too..I had bedbugs several years ago and recently started getting rashes that looked exactly like the bites I had..turns out it was a withdrawal reaction from a medication I had stopped taking.

At least the bugs got a nice bed, trying to think of a positive.

#18 cuz OP wants the bed bugs to feel comfortable?

Because bed bugs are pests, biting pests at that is why not. Sometimes there really is no positive side. Just time, money, and effort needed to fix the problem.

You have my empathy. I've been there. Wash your sheets, blankets, and pillow cases, vacuum your mattress, carpets, rugs, and other furniture, and get a bug bomb. Also, I once used flea spray for cats to purge a mattress of bed bugs by saturating the surface with spray and leung it dry. Turns out that what's poisonous to one species of bug is probably poisonous to another. Good luck!

You can put all your bedbug infested things like blankets and clothes in a big bag and keep it closed for a couple of weeks and suffocate them, or you can close the entrance to your room and any openings and put hot steam to fill up the room and suffocate them as well. While you do, don't buy any new things or they might get infested. I recommend sleeping in another room while the bugs die off.

Mr_Guy_Dude 17

I doubt you would get every bedbug if you put the mattresses, clothes ect. Into a bag. There would most likely be some crawling around somewhere unknown.

Actually, sleeping in another room will just cause them to follow you and spread to that other room. So you might as well just stay put. Also, there's no point to sleeping on the floor because they will still come out at night to bite you.

I'm guessing OP doesn't have a couch either. Poor bastard.

bleedingglitter 24

They will get you on the floor too.

There are mattress covers that seal really well. Nothing gets in or out. Wash everything in hot water and use a bomb made to kill bed bugs. Without getting the mattress cover though it's a losing battle with the bed

goaskdad 3

Washing the clothing is not going to kill the bedbugs. Instead, place them in the dryer for at least an hour on high heat and then directly into a closed bag until you have killed the bedbugs. This way, you will not re-infest your clothing and turn it into an endless cycle. Seal the mattress and spray bedbug killer into every nook and cranny throughout the room. The poison may take some time but it does work. Also, using a hair dryer on the itchy parts will release the histamine under the skin and make it dissipate.