By linzl00 - 06/12/2013 12:21 - United States - Springfield

Today, the "man cold" has infected my brother. He honestly thinks he's dying. He only has the sniffles. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 137
You deserved it 3 647

Same thing different taste

Top comments

rhcpgurl 18

Guys are usually like that. If men had periods, they'd check into the hospital for a week per month and drugged up on morphine.

Comments

Colds are shit because you feel ill enough to be thoroughly miserable but you're not ill enough to justify your self-pity. I say allow people their few days of moaning.

Dude, I have it too! The obligatory winter cold we get can sometimes create the illusion that we're dying :P

perdix 29

Let him know there is no such thing as a "man cold," and that sniffles are an early symptom of bubonic plague, smallpox and botulism. Tell him to "Vaya Con Dios" and slowly back away from him.

RedPillSucks 31

And sometimes when we're not.

I honestly think every man does that lol my dad is the same way.

The whole man cold/flu thing perplexes me. I fit a lot of male stereotypes (talk about my feeling? never!) but this one completely passed me by. When I get sick I put all my effort into downplaying it and not letting people know. Am I really alone on this?

There's nothing wrong with wanting your love ones to bring you soup and cold meds while you rest up and try and get better. You'd do the same for them too, right?

Yes, I do it for them, but I have to be SUPER sick before I'd ask the same in return. I think I've only been "helplessly sick" 3 or 4 times in my 10-year marriage. The rest of the times I'm sick I usually completely hide it for 2 or 3 days before finally mentioning it to my wife, but at that point I go to bed and leave her alone.

No your not alone. When "real" men get sick they're in the process of dying. It becomes an actual possibility.

@ 26 My boyfriend does the same thing. I had to convince him to go to the hospital when he passed a kidney stone

Dawnstempest 17

@ 26 Reading through the comments I was beginning to worry I was also alone in this. My philosophy is simple, "business as usual". I don't let people know I am sick. They only find out when my voice changes (because of stuffed up nose/ sore throat). @ 28 I would take care of my loved ones, but I hate being babied. If I am so sick I cannot get up and get my own pills (which I do not take), or get/ make my own food, then I will either be (a) in the hospital, or (b) dead. I am a firm believer in do everything possible yourself, and don't whine, ever. It's a sickness, not death. That said, if a loved one of mine wants to request stuff, fine, it's their life. I'll bring them food/ pills/ blankets, whatever, so they get better faster.

Poor guy will freak when gets blue balls.