By terrified - 08/06/2015 03:13 - United States - Union Star

Today, the amount of spiders in my house has gotten so bad that it's become routine to shake out any blankets or towels before using them. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 261
You deserved it 3 643

Same thing different taste

Comments

I know your pain. Just moved to the northeast from Washington state. Wtf spiders. o_o

Predators live where there is food. Rid your house of spider food, and you won't have an inordinate amount of spiders. What's spider food? Other bugs. How do you end up with a bug problem? Being a dirty person who doesn't put away food or leaves out dirty dishes etc. So basically--if you got a huge spider problem, you need to clean up after yourself more.

PANDORUM89 21

why didn't you handle the problem before it became this extreme? YDI for not being preventative

Get a cat... Apparently they like eating bugs.

I recommend peppermint oil (they hate that!) and maybe a poisonous substance to them but if you have animals it won't harm them

Where I live, the spiders are just simply worse in some years than others. A good year for other bugs means a year with plenty of spiders. It does not necessarily mean your house is dirty. I did try some home remedies to keep the spiders down, but quickly realized that the commercial bug sprays work best. I only spray the outside of the house, above the reach of the dogs (or young kids if you have them) around all window and door frames, any gaps or corner covers....any dark hole or crevice. If you have any plants against the house, or grow up the side, you may want to consider moving them or cutting them down. Spiders love plants and will move from the plants to your house easily. Hope this helps.