By Oriianna Raiinbow - 23/10/2010 06:07 - United States

Today, talking to my boyfriend about each others families, we noticed we both had an aunt with the same name. After a while of trying to figure things out, we decide to call her. Turns out that we are long distance cousins. FML
I agree, your life sucks 58 795
You deserved it 4 562

Same thing different taste

Top comments

bmore225 0

Keep it in the family I suppose.

It sounds like you're not related by blood, so I don't see it as that big a deal. From what it seems, one of your parent's sisters married a man whose sibling is your boyfriend's mom or dad. Bizarre situation, but if that's the case, it's hardly incestual.

Comments

carcinogan 0

probably not by blood your fine keep dating

FYLDeep 25

Let's see how shocked you are when you find out that your parents share the same names too.

If she is both of your aunt's that means you either share a grandparent or are only cousins in-law (no blood relation). Theoretically she could be a half-aunt or step-aunt (half-sister or step-sister) of one of your parents. But, long story short: you are first cousins or not related except on paper. Besides, marrying first cousins is legal in more states than gay marriage, so you have options.

graciecry 0

haha that would be freaky as..

at least you will know everyones name come family reunion time....weirdos!

walterm 0

nope, I don't think you do. too damn ugly for anyone to date.

lemoncows 2

says the person who's not willing to put up a picture of themselves...

missrawrzy 0

says the person who's picture is of a fourtune ....

blood or not alot of ppl goin to make fun of u guys if you guys keep dating lol

What makes you think they'd find out?

peachezthelette 22

My brother was dating our 3rd cousin. Its completely legal to date, marry and **** your 3rd cousin in America.