By MattVh - 12/01/2010 17:23 - Belgium

Today, someone had put a lock on my bike. While I was trying to saw it off, the police drove by. I was arrested for trying to steal a bike and released four hours later when they figured out that it was actually my bike. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 933
You deserved it 2 461

Same thing different taste

Top comments

you just carry around a saw with you all the time?

haha! I saw that on balls of steel oh and I'm doing a jig because I'm first (let's go down the disco!)

Comments

AGGoddess 2

I call bullshit on this one. First of all, why would someone put a lock on a stranger's bike? And second of all, I find it hard to believe anyone would carry a saw around with them all the time.

The lock thing happens quite often. You should probably get out more.

People do mean and pointless things all the time. Plus, the bike could have been near or at his house.

McMonsterMan 1

How much fun do you think it would be to lock up someone's bike so that can't use it? Even better if they get arrested for it.

Maybe the saw was on a pen knife or the op is a carpenter or something.

Scorpio1989 0

Maybe they went home and got something? or borrowed off someone? Idk, but FYL op

Haven't you ever heard of running? It is your bike, but you wasted so much time not running.

uhm. where did you get the saw? ... lmfaoo at least they figured out that youre innocent. :D fyl tho.

tman118 0

ydi for stealing your own bike. punk-ass bitch

inb4 police insults (even though they did the right thing). @ guy who asked who would put a lock on a stranger's bike: There are douchebags in the world.

theblazian 0

NO! The Police were perfectly at fault for not believing the guy who was sawing off a bike lock actually owned the bike. Its common courtesty that when a police officer sees someone sawing off a lock or breaking a window of a car that they first ask if the person is stealing the car. If they say no the police are supposed to leave and do nothing until it is reported stolen. Oh and all cops are *insert negative comment* blah blah blah the cops did x to my y yada yada yada **** the popo.

I can't tell if you're trolling or not 28, but they most certainly are not supposed to do nothing unless it's reported stolen.

I'm not so sure about that. There's probable cause AND tons of bikes are stolen every day and never retrieved.

TripleJumpMan 0
lives_ppl 0

Thank goodness they found out it is your bike! I could just imagine how awful it could have been...*shivers*