Frustration level 100

By chris - 05/05/2020 14:00

Today, I saw my bike locked outside a Starbucks down the street from my house. It was stolen about 10 days ago from my communal laundry room. There was even a cop parked across the street, but I have no proof to show that bike even belonged to me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 597
You deserved it 203

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ojoRojo 27

Originally posted in June 2011

Thing is, people who steal bikes usually also try to SELL them immediately. The person who now uses the bike may have purchased it "Used" from the thief. Don't go violent. OP should have reported it stolen to the police so there was a paper trail right away.

Comments

ojoRojo 27

Originally posted in June 2011

Meaning you stole it in the first place?

Dude clearly knows how to keep his possessions safe, was not cheap enough to buy a nice lock, and hire a policeman to watch it!

so wait for the guy to come out,unlock it, and kick his teeth in. or get some bolt cutters and take it back, or even a $1 lock and put your lock on it aswell so they cant take it. personally this happened to me at wallmart and i beat the living shit out of the guy and ended up decking another guy that got in the way.

Thing is, people who steal bikes usually also try to SELL them immediately. The person who now uses the bike may have purchased it "Used" from the thief. Don't go violent. OP should have reported it stolen to the police so there was a paper trail right away.

Just going to do all this with a cop observing across the street?. You have no proof it’s your bike. At least the guy who stole it has a key to the lock.

Everything of mine that might get stolen has a hidden Easter egg of some sort that a thief would never know about, and that you can't see form the outside. Trivial example: I have a red stapler on my desk at work. If it gets stolen, all I have to do is tell them that if they take the rubber base off, you'll see the words, "Excuse me, I believe you have my stapler."