By kris - 25/04/2014 15:40 - United States - Upland

Today, not even a week after I was laid off from my job, I got a call from my old boss. He offered me a "new" job at the company, which turned out to be just like my old one, but with drastically reduced pay. I'm so broke and desperate that I accepted. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 663
You deserved it 4 323

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Don't worry :) just take it for now and look for new opportunities and then make a dramatic exit when you find a better place

Comments

Go Office Space on that place... How Milton does it, not Peter and crew...

LostInTheZone11 29

Only if they decide to take his stapler.

Perhaps the business was going broke and this is the only way to keep it going and keep the staff. If not, get legal advice.

Octwo 16

Do what you have to do. Look for a new job while you're at least making money.

Here in Brazil we have laws that are very protective to the workers. Situations like yours are forbidden, it shouldn't happen here... but unfortunately we appear to be a people more concerned about the writing than the practice of our laws. Best wishes to you OP. Hard work and dedication can take you higher than one can imagine!

Check to see if you're entitled to have Unemployment pay a percentage of the difference in salaries.

skittyskatbrat 19

Personal opinion? Keep looking for a job elsewhere and, since you know the company has zero loyalty for you, don't worry about things like two-week-notices, staying late, or doing anything beyond your basic job. Do what you have to so you can get that paycheck, and as soon as something better shows, give them your half-hour notice and vanish :) Best of luck!!!