By Anonymous - 09/03/2016 13:52 - Madagascar

Today, nearly six months later, my incompetent, lazy coworker still refuses to believe I didn't screw my way to the promotion both of us were competing for. FML
I agree, your life sucks 18 701
You deserved it 1 454

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It'd be funny if they actually did screw the boss and they're just mad that they didn't get the promotion.

Comments

They don't have to believe it. You just got it. "What? I can't hear you over the sound of my promotion." mic drop.

I guess one of the down sides of being attractive (or even just the sex the boss is attracted to) is that there'll always be those assholes who assume you got special treatment, no matter how much work you put into it. It's similar to how those who are related to the boss are treated. Just keep your head up OP. At the end of the day, both you and your boss know your worth, plus you get paid more....your bitter coworker can just go screw themself.

Couldn't that be a form of harassment? I wouldn't want people saying that about me. I'd report him. Or her.

That's because real and honest work is probably a foreign concept to them.

nightstalker94 18

Haters always want what you have and find a way to turn it into something it's not. You deserve it. Screw him

InfiniteSecret 20

Why do you assume it is a guy.

Hate those sort of people. It's never that they didn't do enough, it's always that everyone else cheated. Given this has been an ongoing issue for 6 months, OP might want to take it to HR before their coworker spreads his/her slanderous opinion of OP. Once rumors like that start, they are hard to kill.

kittycat2007 18

why do you care? you worked hard and got the job. why give a **** what that lazy ass thinks of you.

Who cares? Getting upset only encourages him/her! As long as YOU know you didnt, that should be enough!