By Anonymous - 24/11/2010 17:29 - United States

Today, my toilet broke. Yesterday, the shower filled up with sludge. I have ten people coming over for Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 792
You deserved it 2 568

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm sure any plumber would love to charge you $200 an hour to fix it the day before Thanksgiving.

Comments

If your house is big enough to house ten guests for Thanksgiving, then it should have more than one bathroom. Seal off the afflicted bathroom, explain to your guests the shituation at hand, and tell them to use another one.

jessica111189 0

omg that sucks u should definataly get someone to clean it up that would be so embarassing:(

sallen0046 4

If you had shit backing up into your shower yesterday, you should have realized there was an obvious plumbing problem. Have fun spending a ridiculous amount of money getting that fixed over a holiday weekend because you didn't bother to get on it at the first sign of trouble. If you've only got one bathroom, you probably shouldn't be having ten people over for a holiday in the first place.

I agree on the first part, but there's nothing wrong with having ten people over FOR DINNER (!!) while only having one bathroom. It's not like those people need to use the toilet every two minutes and will form a huge line in front of it... And even if two people need to use it at the same time, it's no big deal. There's a thing called "waiting", you know.

seems like your thanksgiving will have a back-to-basic theme ;)

This made me think back to Christmas vacation. Shitter's full!

You have one toilet, an you have ten people coming over for thanksgiving? Your toilet was gonna break afterwards anyways lol

You know, I used to live in a house with only one bathroom... I've had more than ten people over and one toilet was just fine. I don't know your family/friends, but mine don't use the toilet 24/7.

If today's FML trend is any reflection of real life situations, OP was probably planning to lace the food with laxatives. So now, if she goes through with it, she'll have ten people all piling up diarrhetic fluids in an already clogged up toilet. If she doesn't, then she'll have invited ten people that she doesn't like over for nothing.

maybe you should spend more time fixing it and less time complaining on the Internet lol jk I'm sorry to hear that

peachezthelette 22

better hope they can hold it! its more like **** their life lol