By Tennisplayer - 10/02/2009 05:59 - United States

Today, my tennis coach showed up to practice in an all white outfit. I exclaimed, "You're looking very white today!" He's African American. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 183
You deserved it 44 171

Same thing different taste

Top comments

i really do wish people would just say "black" instead of "african american." i mean, when people start calling british black people "african americans," we've crossed the line.

no that's what he's saying their not. that we lump all dark people and call them African American, when their could be some from Britain.

Comments

gammielikeoh 0

racism is not complete without a racist person. in this case, you.

5 was just stating that calling a british black person African American is stupid.

how has this got so many YDI's? what he said wasn't racist, intentionally or unintentionally, because it was just a comment about the colour of the outfit. if the guy dressed all on White didn't laugh, then he needs to loosen up.

Saying stuff that could sound racist taken out of context isn't actually racist. It's only racist when it's racist in context. I mean, say I have a friend from India and I'm talking about him or her and someone asks where he or she is from and I say "Oh, he or she is Indian." That's not racist even if I say it to a First Nations person.

LOL they was saying that's mighty white of u BK in the day wow LOL I have friends that would say they started that LOL and the its all white

That really Made me laugh! I hope your friend has a sense of humour and didn't take it too personnaly though.

YDI for using the term "African American"

YDI. People say think before you speak for a reason. Hopefully he was cool with it though.

It's no big deal. Every black person I've ever met that isn't a total douche bag would laugh their ass off at such a comment.