By clementine-f - 10/02/2009 07:11 - Belgium

Today, my boyfriend came over, got on his knees and took a small box out of his jacket. Then he narrowed his eyes, and said, “That’s funny, I can see your boogers from here. Anyway, wanna get married?” FML
I agree, your life sucks 685
You deserved it 90

Top comments

To which you respond, "that's funny, I can see your bald patch from here, but sure"

Comments

To which you respond, "that's funny, I can see your bald patch from here, but sure"

That's cold. Boogers is something she can fix instantly. A bald patch is not.

Proposing in such a casual way is cold too. He's not making any effort to show her why he wants to spend the rest of his life with her and how special she is to him.

why should there be a set rule on how to ask to marry someone? why would judging on how he asks to marry be more than important than the love exchange for one another for the past [years]?

CliffyB03 28

When I got proposed to, I thought he was ******* with me. It was just us in his room though. It doesn't have to be extravagant.

I know someone who went to the park one day with her now-husband, while they were dating. Wasn't expecting him to propose whatsoever. Then he pulled out a ring and asked her, and for a minute she really thought he was kidding. They've been married for over a year now. :)

danetreal 5

Serious relationship goals ????

JMichael 25

I know it's not the ideal proposal, but that's kinda funny.

Sometimes it's really cute/endearing when a guy has no filter. I mean, this isn't one of those times... but hey, congrats!

At least you know he isn't a gold digger.

He might be in terms of digging the gold out of his nose, though.

feme_fatale 19

It's a sign that he is a gold digger.