By ish0rty - 14/11/2011 08:42 - United States

Today, my social-awkwardness is so bad, I was actually proud of myself for managing to ask someone a question. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 043
You deserved it 4 994

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm just like that. But be proud! It's baby steps, and before you know it you'll be able to do anything :) I, unfortunately, am not able to ask a stranger a question yet. But once again, baby steps! Good luck :)

Comments

Aww. Well, the important thing is to take baby steps, and not be too hard on yourself.

stevenJB 25

Lol I feel the same way even if it is a yes or no question :)

llZombiell 5

I'm sort of the same way. Hated talking to people over the phone, asking anyone for help, physically being too close to people, etc...I still have problems with standing too close to people. Keep at it op!

stacianichole 2

Me too. Can't stand the phone unless it's someone I know really well.

Mipz 2

64, i agree. But usually (like with myself) logically knowing that people aren't gona judge doesn't help. You're still terrified of getting that perspn's attention. And the more outgoing the other person is, the shyer you feel.

You're right on, 102. It's an irrational fear. And people who are overly outgoing intimidate me xD

Same here. Phones... No. I'd rather text.

Someone: "Hi" OP: "Did you know that it's the quiet ones you usually have to worry about?"

Torva_fml 16

Mother ******, 2 times... Seriously? Apple pie...

Torva_fml 16

Congratz! Were all SOOOOO proud of you.

m0tl3ycru3 0

You've graduated from socially akward penguin status

Torva_fml 16

How the **** did this get posted 4 times? God damn it... Banana.

Torva_fml 16
perdix 29

This reminds me of a joke: Q: How do you know you're dealing with an extrovert engineer? A: When he talks to you, he stares at your shoes instead of his own. So, OP, what kind of shoes was the person wearing?

You should be proud! Social awkwardness is a pain but the best way to get through it is to keep on talking to people even when you aren't feeling confident. I speak from experience.