By Anonymous - 07/01/2015 16:29 - Sri Lanka

Today, my scumbag landlady broke into my place and stole my mop, which I refused to give her earlier. She denied everything and tried to convince me that some criminal broke in using a key, stole only my mop, and was nice enough to lock up on the way out. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 630
You deserved it 2 797

Same thing different taste

Top comments

"Which I refused to give her earlier" I feel like there's an entire magical mop-related backstory that the public has to know, damnit!

CallMeWindSock 24

I would seriously get out of there. Landlords need to know limits.

Comments

chocolatefrog28 29

At least she didn't clean you out in the bargain.

BaDumTsss_fml 23
CallMeWindSock 24

I would seriously get out of there. Landlords need to know limits.

BubbleGrunge 18

May need to hide your broom now too!

"Which I refused to give her earlier" I feel like there's an entire magical mop-related backstory that the public has to know, damnit!

She keeps trying to hop on and fly away on it. She doesn't realize it isn't a broom.

iLike2Teabag 27

Backstory? Well, obviously, we got a mopper in Sri Lanka. She's climbin in yo windows, snatchin yo mops up, tryna mop her floor so y'all need to hide yo mops, hide yo brooms, and hide to swiffers cause they moppin errbody out here.

I'm pretty sure that's illegal in most countries. You should probably call the police or this will only happen again.

I mean, is that *really* the best course of action? If this is a first offense, let her off with a warning and demand the mop back. There's no need to escalate the issue unless it happens again, because there are probably ways she can make OP's life hell, and she's already proved she's not against taking matters into her own hands. She got what she wanted, so OP needs to take a stand, but not poke the bear (not that he could without his mop to keep him far enough away to avoid being beheaded beforehand).

32 - if someone broke into your place and stole something of yours, you would give them a break?

Pick your battles. It's a mop. Most people are acting like she hired a hooker to spit in his ice tray. . . . 0_0 OP, throw out anything not sealed!

What was taken doesn't matter. They've shown the capacity to go through your living space without permission. Screw that. I'd rather someone peek on me naked than have unrestricted access to my property