By Anonymous - 11/12/2012 17:17 - United States

Today, my roommate turned the thermostat down to 50 degrees. Why? Because she read that shivering burns calories. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 763
You deserved it 2 180

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Turn it up to 90 tell her sweating burns calories

FYL, I once read on the Internet, that everything on the Internet is true. BURN SOME CALORIES!

Comments

50 degrees is boiling hot here in the UK. It's currently -2 degrees here...

-2 fahrenheit or celsius? Makes a huge difference since 0 degrees celsius = 32 degrees fahrenheit.

OP is from America, where we use Fahrenheit. 50 degrees Fahrenheit is about 10 degrees Celsius, which is freezing cold if you're still inside.

Tell her that it works the other way: her body sense that it's too cold and makes more fat for isolation ;)

Tell her to stand in the corner. *puts on sunglasses* It's 90 degrees.

I'm not sure if that's a reference to something or just a badly thought out pun.

Technically true, although unless you top up your shivering with actual exercise you will probably only burn off a chocolate bar, and also make your body build up fat to survive the cold if you do it for a prolonged period of time.

50 degrees ? That's warm in Minnesota !

KiddNYC1O 20

I keep forgetting that Americans use Fahrenheit and not Celsius, so here I was thinking "Oh my f'ing God, what did you have it on before she turned it down??" xD

I did that too! Then I calculated approximately how cold that was in Celsius. 50 degree Fahrenheit isn't even bad...

Are people today really so lazy that they are willing to try every technique that they can to lose weight without exercising? Well guess what? I'm shivering too. I'm shivering in fear at the sight of the obesity epidemic and low motivation that is destroying the overall well-being of Earth's people.

tylermt1999 17

If you think about it, it does. But probably not efficiently .