By Deli meat prom - 20/04/2015 21:41 - United States - Dallas

Today, my prom dress came in the mail. I don't know what happened with the tailoring but not only does it not fit, but it also looks like deli meat. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 544
You deserved it 3 424

Same thing different taste

Top comments

He was probably beating his meat while he was working on your dress.

Comments

Always buy clothes in person. Lesson learned.

Or, if you do buy a dress of the Internet, make sure you have enough time before the event in case you have to go buy something else.

Nothing quite as chic as meat. It will never go out of style. OP, you bought a dress classy enough for a queen! Seriously, though... I really hope you can get a refund. Good luck!

Trying to imagine this and it's not working... Lol

And this is why you don't order formal-wear without seeing it in person and trying it on first (a le wedding dress style). I cannot even count how many articles about dresses being ordered online (usually prom) that are nothing like their picture... because it says the picture is an approximation or a similar style, never the exact one. OP, I'm sorry, that sucks, but YDI.

How about we blame the companies selling knock-off dresses and taking advantage of naive teenage girls who don't know any better, instead of the naive teenage girls who don't know any better because they've grown up with the internet and are used to dealing with reputable online shopping sites.

30, there are also many many people who buy dresses online (including wedding dresses) and they fit perfectly and look beautiful. I think you can buy something online, as long as you have a lot of time before the event in case the dress doesn't work and you have to get a replacement.

i_needa_username 17

You probably Ordered a Chinese one serves you right

This is why I don't order something special, like prom dresses, shoes, or something like that online. Go to the store and find another dress that doesn't look horrible and actually fits. YDI completely OP.

What sort of rancid deli do you go to if the description "deli meat" makes you immediately go to unappetizing?

Hopefully your date thinks you look delicious