By :) - 29/05/2013 07:31 - United States

Today, my parents yelled at me for 10 minutes without letting me get a word in edgeways for getting a 48 on my test. They took my phone, unplugged my internet, and took my car keys. They wouldn't listen no matter how many times I told them, "It was out of 50". It actually was. FML
I agree, your life sucks 72 661
You deserved it 4 063

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sigh. Parents. Congratulations on your 96% though.

fishstick557 14

Ask your teacher if you could bring the test home

Comments

Eh, Nevermind them. Celebrate! You did well, OP.

Couldn't you just tell them that you got a 96%?

perdix 29

You should have told them you got an "A" or a "96." YDI for not converting a raw score to a familiar scale. That's like trying to set up a friend on blind with a girl who is about a "2," and after he's done retching, you mention that you judge on a 2.2-point scale.

Some places allow parents to have access to grades online, so they don't have to ask their kids. The online systems aren't always clear about how the grades work either. I almost had this problem in high school. .-.

So why not tell them you got 96 rather than 48? FYL though. That's hardcore.

ScrewedUpMess 15

That bites, OP!! Congratulations on the good mark!! I'm guessing that they HAVE listened to you, otherwise you wouldn't have the internet connection to post this!! If you have somehow managed to post this without your mobile phone and without Wi-Fi, then get your teacher to e-mail your parents and clear the matter up!

Sorry OP! Sometimes you just can't win with parents... For some reason I feel like things would even get worse if you manage to prove them wrong...

So, how did you place this post again without a phone or connection to the internet?

HeadlessSparrow 20

From the parents point of view, you did lose 2 points...

Why didn't your test read 48/50? Anyhoo hope your parents feel foolish after those 10 minutes of craziness. Such drama to make a point that your education is important to them.

Time to have the school call your parents. You'll probably get in even more trouble for making them look like dumb idiots.... But you'll feel vindicated :-D!