By Anonymous - 03/12/2011 18:19 - United States

Today, my parents insisted that despite the fact I've just turned sixteen, I have to save them money by ordering from the children's menu, because I "still look like a twelve year old". FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 726
You deserved it 4 109

Same thing different taste

Comments

Go do what lindsey Lohan did. Her aging process worked great for her!

Order tons of the kids menu make them pay a lot!

Cigarette and crack smoke can add 30 years to someone in a period of 5 years.

Harden the f*** up, and grow a f***ing moustache!!!!!

sixteen? that's pretty young lOl plus the kids menu is always better! so not really an FML

"Pain"? Are you serious!? I'd love to have that option! Crayons, mazes, plastic cups...

jwade11 12

So??? Why does that bother OP? You shouldn't let little things affect you and get to you! It's no big deal... Ohhhh you have to order from the kids menu and save your parents some money.. big freakin deal! Get over it!

If your a girl it could be a complement when you 20 you will look 16 but if your a guy FYL

Same here. I'm 20 and 4'5. I constantly get mistaken for a 12 year old. At least I have an advantage in my line of work, since I want to be an actor.

tbone87 1
Randuhh_17 4

Could be worse. I'd rather look younger, than older.. Try hearing, "you look MUCH older than 17"...

Do steroids when you hit 19 kid, that'll turn you into a man.

134 - pretty sure there are better ways to become a man without hurting the vital organs...

Im 16 and been told I look 20. Some people don't even ask for id when I want to buy drinks. When life gives you height, you get drunk.

rbr0wn 3

When you're in college and have to pay for your own meals you'll be wishing you still looked young enough to order from the kids' menu.

Yeah, sometimes its good to look younger than you actually are lol

guckylynn 19

149, they card you definitely when you look 20 something. It's not until you look 40ish that they stop.

If I looked like I was 12, I'd always order off the kids menu. Maybe that's just because I'm frugal, who knows.

blonderabbit 0

don't worry, I'm a senior in highschool and still get mistaken for a freshman or sophomore.

mgsoloist 14

I still order off the kids menu and im almost 18 ust because the portion sizes are much more adequate for someone who just recently broke 100lbs. Actually the portions are better for pretty much everybody...plus, like they said, it's cheaper. And I can dig Mac and cheese or chicken tenders every once in a while...

roonilwazlib 1

Maybe when a woman gets to her thirties or above, but a girl who is 20, 21 does not want to look 16. Though I'd take 16, as i'm 21 and look 13, 14. It doesn't make trying to buy alcohol fun.

jwade11 12

196-- I'm curious in your orientation and you should contact me!! Lol

Even if you're a guy it's not a bad thing. I looked super young throughout high school and hated it. But now I'm 25 and look 18 where a lot of people I went to school with are aging fast. Fat, bald, loose skin. Be happy you look young. It'll treat you very well in the future.

193 - I'd mistake you for a sophomore too.

Yeah, I get mistaken for a 7th grader all the time. and I'm a sophomore. It's just cause im short as hell.

Try being 27 and asked why you're not in school during the day. I used to hate looking so young when I was in high school, but it's really not all that bad now. :)

when I was 14 people asked me if I was an 5th grade.

zurisbloodyrose 0

my parents still do that. Apparently no one's figured out that my **** are too big for a 12 year old.

sky22_fml 7

Well at least your not 15 & have the body of a grown ass woman.. :/

I'm constantly asked if I'm 12.. I'm 20 -.-

jwade11 12

Really? Why is OP posting about this! Big freakin deal!!! Why would ordering from the kids menu be that big of a deal unless you're a pig and want an adult size meal.... Save your parents some extra cash and shush it!

Make them eat the applesauce swimmers at Denny's they will never force you to eat of the kids menu again

You'd be a disappointment to pedobear when you're 18.... That's an upside right?:D.... No? Okay I'll just leave v.v

It could be worse, you could be Justin Beiber -.-

Well you'll be thankful for looking young in the future! Enjoy your free kids meal toys!

kaylee777 0

at least you still get a free sunday! :)

Free to do whatever he likes on that day of the week? Your comment makes no relevence to the topic at hand....

I know what she meant... Doesnt stop me from taking the piss

kaylee777 0

I spell like a 12 year old. Got a problem with that?

punjabtimelord 18

You are asking this... To the internet, full of grammar nazis and trolls. You are actually asking this? Yes. Yes we have.

Glitterhinoceros 14

I don't see the problem. If your short, you can pass off for a kid, and get a discount at Six Flags.

Lol but if you're too short you probably won't be able to ride any rides hahaha

Glitterhinoceros 14

Twelve year olds these days are usually pretty tall

that probably makes more sense than when i try to get the senior discount

Sometimes its good to be short but not too short. I'm happy with my height lol

_Young_Money_ 0
_Young_Money_ 0
Trix_Disorder 20

"12 year olds these days..." and what are you basing these strange assumptions off of?

Not sure about your're area, but in my city most teens don't actually start growing until about 15. So it's actually quite commen to see grade 10 girls walking around at little more the 5'1.

What has our world come to!? You are complaining about ordering food off the kids menu!! You are fortunate enough to be eating out so stop complaining. You have parents that are loving enough to take you out for supper. Can you not help them out a bit?!?!

I was allowed to partake in Denny's with my mom and dad!!! They must love me so much! Especially considering that it'd actually save money if they cooked a full meal instead of always making me order half of one..... Kids meals couldn't fill me up :( I call child abuse! How would YOU like eating 5 dinosaur-shaped chicken nuggets and a basket of fries across from two rapturously steak-eating parents? Cruelty!

A sad day has befallen America. But a good day for Europe.

A sad day has befallen FML. Due to comments such as yours!!

maz255 10

Wait what? I dont even...what?

RebekahBrooke 9

71, your picture goes with your comment. 8, your comment makes no sense to me or others.

Poetaster 10

Don't pick a fight you can't win

A 12 year old with a license, even better!!

I still order off the kids menu, no shame.

the food on the kids menu usually tastes better than the adult one. I wouldn't complain. I'm not allowed to have the kids meals anymore :(

But I am sure if you act like a 12 year old, they get pissed at you.