By Well, shit - 18/01/2016 22:04 - United States - San Francisco

Today, my parents forced me to write a thank you letter to my uncle who passed away a week after Christmas. FML
I agree, your life sucks 19 203
You deserved it 1 303

Same thing different taste

Top comments

that is so cruel and weird. sorry for your loss.

Maybe they thought it would help you in some way, but they shouldn't have forced you.

Comments

Hope they don't expect you to hand deliver it.

I really didn't expect the nice gift, I'm in heaven! Hell, If I would've known I would've got you some ice water.

aeryn97 17

okay then. odd. sorry for your loss *hugs*

sarcasticjane 27

That is probably their way of coping with grief and teaching you the importance of always saying "Thank you."

leogachi 15

@22 It may be their way of coping, but they shouldn't have forced Op to do it.

Someone better let Santa know so he can cross that name off his list.

I think Miss Manners would agree that this is some messed up shiznit.

snarkytruth 37

Did they also have to force you to write thank you notes for the rest of your gifts? Maybe they think you're not appreciative enough of his gift or that you're not respectful enough of his passing. Is it really that big a deal? They probably think you just need the practice. If that's all it takes to make your folks happy you got it good.

For goodness sake! !! This makes me so mad!! Your parents are idiots! How awkward and weird and just plain stupid, not to mention heartbreaking! They both need a smack upside the head for making you do that, I'm sorry.