By chill - 17/12/2009 22:08 - United States

Today, my grandpa sent me a letter apologizing for not congratulating me about my graduation last spring. Too bad I don't graduate until May. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 623
You deserved it 4 282

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Kylias 6

Oh shit your life suck-- Yeah, I don't even know how to fake that. Tell him, "Sorry I'm a year younger!" And move on with it. This isn't even "oh shucks" worthy, really.

Comments

Kylias 6

Oh shit your life suck-- Yeah, I don't even know how to fake that. Tell him, "Sorry I'm a year younger!" And move on with it. This isn't even "oh shucks" worthy, really.

JERKKMONKEY 0

well he's probably old and got his grandkids graduation mixed up?

Where does it say she's graduating late? Check the FML before you call any one stupid or people might call you stupid. The FML says her GRANDPA sent a LATE letter and NOT the OP graduating late.

The grandpa sent a letter a year EARLY, not late. But nice try, both of you. You've both qualified for Darwin Awards.

InfectedWithDrew was making a joke, pmm368 and myfriend_youfail. He meant the Grandpa sent the letter because OP was supposed to graduate last Spring, but OP is actually graduating a year late, i.e., this coming May, so the Grandpa was late for the supposed graduation, but is early for the real graduation because OP is dumb and got held back (according to the joke). You two are slow. And mean about it, which is always nice to see.

megphylene 0

ummm... just because you graduate a year late doesn't mean you're automatically dumb or stupid. I graduated a year late simply because I didn't do my senior project, which was a requirement at my school. simple laziness on my part, but I still aced the sat and the asvab and got accepted to college and the us air force. don't judge people because of their graduation year. mmmkay?

At lease he sent u a letter thinking about u right?

For real, how is this an FML? Your grandpa was being nice and apologizing because he thought he forgot. You politely correct him, and you get congratulations at the appropriate time. Quit being a douche.

greatnt249 0

How the hell did this get through? OP, the man's old; be glad he even remembered to begin with.

I agree. "Oh no! My grandfather cares about me but is a little confused about time in his old age! My life is ruined!"

olivejuice001 0

Oh my god!!! An elderly man made an error and apologized for it, thus giving you an opportunity to tell him when the correct date is!!!! Slit your wrists now!!!

skiz_fml 0

At least he tried to do something nice for you, you ******* insensitive prick.

schwinn11 0

That's ok, last year I called my mom 2 weeks before her birthday and apologized for forget'n it.

That's not so bad. I don't expect any of my relatives (or even my siblings for that matter) to know how old I am or what grade I'm in, haha. I just feel bad for your grandpa that he was agonizing about it until he wrote that letter!