By wahhh - 08/08/2011 11:07 - United Kingdom

Today, my neighbor from across the road phoned me at work telling me there was a fire engine outside my house and a lot of smoke. I drove home in a panic, smashing a rear light on a post and getting flashed by a speed camera. It wasn't my house. The firemen were putting out a bonfire next door. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 843
You deserved it 6 614

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why would you rush home when the firefighters are already there and there is nothing you can do? As far as running the red light goes, you deserved the ticket for being stupid.

Well, if you hear your house might be on fire, what would your first reaction be? Calmly drive home and see what happened? She might've overreacted some, but I can understand why. FYL, OP.

Comments

Omg. Are you all seriously telling me right now that if your house was on fire and you were concerned about loved ones in the fire you would calmly be like, "Well I have nothing to gain by rushing"? Yeah right. You would all speed home and you know it.

Are you people seriously saying that if someone said the firefighters were putting out a fire at your house that you would mosy on home like usual? Don't kid yourselves. You guys would have done exactly what OP did because you would panic. Don't deny it.

Anaxes 5

Lord Anaxes cannot help but approve of this human driven by logic. When the world is black and charred from my conquest, your end will be quick and painless.

nodressonlyjeans 3

why would the fire engine park right outside YOUR house?

Because that's probably where the fire hydrant is.

draisge 1

There's no excuse for driving like that. You could just have easily have smashed your headlight on a little kid. Obviously you were not in control of the vehicle if you were fishtailing into inanimate objects. Where's your head? Are you a volunteer fire captain and were speeding home so you could take lead on the scene and direct the firemen in saving your house?

CreamyGoodness_1 7
hopelessxdesign 5

Interesting how you're from London and this is posted with the London riots going on...as if there aren't enough fires there right now

True_Poet 1

I would have cuss her stupid as out!

I've made it to the hospital for 3 different deaths and didn't drive that dumb.. YDI for being irrational.

OP deserves it for overreacting and rushing for no reason. And to those who are saying "you'd do the same thing"- I wouldn't, and I don't think anyone else with half a brain would either. There could be lots of reasons for a firetruck being there, none of which warrant her recklessly rushing home. Now, if the neighbor had said OP's house WAS on fire, and a family member was dying from burns/smoke, that might be a different story. As it is, OP jumped to conclusions over nothing.