By wahhh - 08/08/2011 11:07 - United Kingdom

Today, my neighbor from across the road phoned me at work telling me there was a fire engine outside my house and a lot of smoke. I drove home in a panic, smashing a rear light on a post and getting flashed by a speed camera. It wasn't my house. The firemen were putting out a bonfire next door. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 843
You deserved it 6 614

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why would you rush home when the firefighters are already there and there is nothing you can do? As far as running the red light goes, you deserved the ticket for being stupid.

Well, if you hear your house might be on fire, what would your first reaction be? Calmly drive home and see what happened? She might've overreacted some, but I can understand why. FYL, OP.

Comments

Why would you rush home when the firefighters are already there and there is nothing you can do? As far as running the red light goes, you deserved the ticket for being stupid.

Well, if you hear your house might be on fire, what would your first reaction be? Calmly drive home and see what happened? She might've overreacted some, but I can understand why. FYL, OP.

I don't, she risked everyone else's lives on the road with her carelessness. YDI op, next time THINK before you drive madly.

I had this happen once when I rented an apartment before I bought my house, and I didn't rush home, because I knew there was nothing I could do.

Science proves staring at a fire puts it out faster than water. True fact.

daysgoby902 6

what puts it out faster than water?!?!

Pixxio_O 11

As 13 suggested, op rushed home to stare at the fire...

bentleyGCspeed 0

#1- where in the post does it say OP ran a red light? If you read it, OP says she got flashed by a SPEED camera. if you're going to call someone stupid, know what the he'll you're talking about.

7, My first reaction would definitely not be to drive home unsafely. Turns out you do even less to help when the ambulance that is supposed to be a mutual aid for the fire department, is trying to help citizens injured by someone driving recklessly. OP should have been much more careful, if the fire department can't save it, I doubt OP can. YDI.

Reason #7 as to why women shouldn't drive.

so what if the house wasn't yours ? ether Safe than sorry !

42, I chuckled at that. Unless OP's cat recently had kittens, and she thought she had to rush home to run into the burning building to save them, I would say YDI...

#7 - I can give you my answer. If I heard my house was on fire, I may or may not be in panic, but I'll be trying to be as calm as possible. And I will NOT drive as long as I'm still in panic. Sometimes people started, but being panic is very different. And trying to do anything while you're in panic almost always result in something worse, unless you're lucky.

Those of you saying drive calm are retarded. I'd be mowing over pedestrians trying to get home if i thought it was on fire.

People who don't have control over themselves shouldn't drive. You all said her life sucks because all she hit was a pole. What if it's people? Children? And I don't think she's intended or decided to hit it because it's a pole. Or maybe some people need to have to wait until they or their relatives got hit by a panicked driver first to realize that people with no self control shouldn't drive?

oops_im_fucked 8

Yum, the gasoline Gives it the good after taste

Michael_Kelso 0

I'm gonna say YDI. Even if your house was on fire there would be nothing you could do about it, so speeding would be useless and dangerous.

mdizzl 6

I would have been extremely pissed off at those neighbors

gmc_blossom 21

Harry, what are you doing on the internet. I'm pretty sure I assigned summer potions homework.

Uh oh! Were about to see some hard wand action!

DomoLaDii 8

i wud have been pissed also lol

Why would getting to your house FASTER make a difference, it would still be on fire when you got there.

StopDropNRoll 11

Maybe he just likes seeing things burn.

itsgen 16

if you got flashed by the camera dont pay the ticket it was all over the news how those cameras are pointless and the city is taking them down

Tortoise > Hare bitches. All day err'day.

Wow. That sucks, op was probably rushing home because there are valuables or maybe people in the house and wanted to see if they were ok.

Also by rushing home, OP not only endangered his/her own life but the lives of many others.

I agree that she shouldn't have rushed but would you be calm if you knew your family and/or pets are in danger? Also, if you have dick neighbors, they may break into your house after the fire is over and take your valuables.

Way to go now you got a car repair to pay for along with all the extra gas you wasted

StopDropNRoll 11

Your thinking about wasted gas when he just got a ticket worth over 100 bucks and a date with the judge?

hellojuicyhello 5

The tickets r 400 in California._. When u run a red light, I rather have a $100 ticket anytime and gas, sucks...

orangefuzzball 0

Did you at least go mess those neighbors up?