By facepalm - 06/06/2012 08:06 - United States - Santa Rosa

Today, my mother is trying to convince me to divorce my husband. He has a tattoo of a skull on his shoulder and she believes this means he kills people. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 097
You deserved it 3 045

Same thing different taste

Comments

Well Damn! I have a tattoo of a skull on my shoulder, and I haven't killed anyone........yet!!!! HaHa Don't let him get a heart tattoo, then she'll think he is a serial rapist!

Oh please, everyone knows the international tattoo symbolizing the wearer is a murderer is a unicorn dancing with a dolphin under a rainbow... With hearts sprinkled around it.

Hiimhaileypotter 52

My mom would do something like this. Just because someone doesn't care for tattoos doesn't mean that they should be judgmental of those with them. I know a man who is covered in tattoos on his arms, back, and chest, and he's one of the nicest guys I've met.

Yeah. Tattoos don't mean someone is a bad person. Tattoos are just a form of creative expression.

aleeshttylXD 9

i always thought they were rapist?!!

MarisaCB 16

Hopefully she's joking, but if she's serious... its gonna get awkward at family dinners.

Shows the experiences she had in her life FHL

Exactly, OP's mom was probably murdered by someone with a similar tattoo.

So according to you, OP's mother was murdered by someone with a similar tattoo, then she came back to life to convince the OP to divorce her husband. The zombie apocalypse really has started!

Having ink on your skin does not make you a murderer. I'm shocked that even had to be said! Lol Though if he had a full face tattoo I could see cause for concern!

This is the problem with society today. The labeling of people with piercings, tattoos, etc. is highly unjustified.

"society today" Are you saying there was a period in history when tattoos were celebrated in Christianity-dominated Western civilization? If anything, the world is becoming far more tolerant. I love it when people bemoan the loss of yesteryear. Yes, the past was great...if you were a land-owning, god-fearing, white, Christian male.

She isn't going on about "yesteryear" at all... Seems like you have a bee in your bonnet!

61 - I had this same conversation with some guy the other day talking about how my generation was an "insult to humanity because we don't accept people with tattoos, piercings, etc." It annoys me when people say there's something wrong with "today's society" because if you actually stop to look, we are the most socially progressive and accepting generation there's been so far. So yes, I have a bee in my bonnet because statements like that are truly stupid.

Unfortunately, we're also the most stupid and clueless generation yet. And I'm in it, so that's saying something.

You never explained how piercings are offensive. You also said "much" which is certainly an exaggeration since it sounds like you're pointing at a majority.. Not one of my tattoos is offensive, nor are my piercings. If anyone IS offended by them, they should probably stay inside so they don't get their feelings hurt by a bird flying past them or someone saying "Hello" to them.

The thumbs seem to be the wrong way around, first, this is not "the" problem with society today. There are many things wrong with society today - tolerance and understanding is not one of them. For it to be a problem there would need to be no progress, and as it is improving drastically you should probably find a real issue to complain about.

Well I agree with your mom. Not for the her reason.. But someone with a skull tat on his shoulder must not be all there. He must think he's in some horrible punk band I guess

Ignorance.... you're doing it right.... Seriously though, who are you to judge someone's mental health or lifestyle?!

Wow...you are one judgmental person. Tattoos don't mean a person isn't all there. Half of today's society has them. & I'm one that has 6 with more to come. & I am pretty sure I'm all there. You sound like a prick.

My dad has a skull tattoo on his shoulder, and he's one of the most wise and smart people I know. So shut up, you ignorant twat, and don't be so judgmental.

My boyfriend had a tattoo of a dragon, by her logic, is he the Dragonborn?